ScrapeBox Forum
Slow comment timeout - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: Slow comment timeout (/Thread-slow-comment-timeout)

Slow comment timeout - Dan - 06-26-2010

Hi guys

I have just set up a blogengine slow comment run, however every entry fails due to "timeout" however when i check the url, it is fine, I can post manually.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

I have just purchased and have an up to date version. I have read through pat jackons scrapebox dominator and have everything set up as he suggests.

Thanks guys
Dan

RE: Slow comment timeout - googlealchemist - 06-28-2010

if u havent already try setting your max connections to 50 and your max timeout to 55

(06-26-2010, 02:39 PM)Dan Wrote: Hi guys

I have just set up a blogengine slow comment run, however every entry fails due to "timeout" however when i check the url, it is fine, I can post manually.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

I have just purchased and have an up to date version. I have read through pat jackons scrapebox dominator and have everything set up as he suggests.

Thanks guys
Dan

RE: Slow comment timeout - knector - 06-30-2010

He can only have one connection at a time when using the slow commenter, but it's a good idea to try and set up the timeout.

And for the fast commenter, try to do something like googlealchemist said, maybe with a little less connections.

If it's not many comments you submit at a time you could just don't use proxies and the success rate will definitely raise, BUT! be careful with that, and only do it small submission, around 50 at most I would say, maybe more if you don't run it every day.

And also when using free proxies make sure you always check them right before you run it, they do burn out pretty fast sometimes, you can also use proxies from other sources like forums and such.

RE: Slow comment timeout - googlealchemist - 06-30-2010

woops your right i was thinking of fast poster

i am also searching for best settings for slow post blog engine as i am getting loads of time outs but i dont want to waste time setting it higher if it still wont post

guess its time for some testing

but what is everyone else using>?

and if it will work better without proxies(why is that?) why would it be a problem to post without them , that is if we are not hitting multiple urls on the same domain?

RE: Slow comment timeout - knector - 07-01-2010

The reason for it works better without proxies is that the connection is much faster, and don't have to go out and connect to the proxy first and then load the page, many times the proxies are slow them self to.

I don't know exactly why it's a problem to post without proxies, but if you hit 500 or 1000 or 10.000 blogs in 30min I could imagine that maybe something like aksimet would detect the ip and block it, I don't know if it could detect it, but I don't feel safe not using proxies when hitting over 100.

You could also risk if many blog owners complain to your website host or domain name account that they will close your account, but then again the proxies don't protect against that, as they can get that info from your website link by going to whois or places like that, you could make your domains private but that should not be good for rankings. So that's why it's good to use sites like squidoo, blogger, weebly and many more (feeder/buffer sites), and then make the links go to them and from there to your own site. I guess you don't get all the "juice" out of the links that way, but definitely better than losing the site.

If the comments are written and spunned good and fit in with the category of the blog, you use many different emails and some variations of your keyword/s maybe mix in a couple of names "you should always do all this", I guess it would be ok to use your own ip. But I would still be a little worried if I did it on thousands of blogs, you never know.

It can be hard to find blogs in the same category, when I for an example searched for guitar blogs, over half of them (out of 5.000) was not about guitar. Of course, the more you harvest the more unrelated results you would start to get, so if you set it to 100 results per keyword and make it "phrase match" it should be pretty related. You could also just search for blogs with a related keyword in the url, that would help a lot I think, or filter them without the keyword in the url out afterwards, that was what I did with the guitar blogs.

It can also be done by searching for a celebrity a known TV show or something like that, and then write a comment around that. It is when the comment is totally unrelated that people most times won't publish the comment.

I had my slow poster on 35 seconds timeout on the last run (remember I use free proxies, private proxies are much faster), but I'm thinking about 30 next time, course it seems like if they load more than 25 - 30 secs they never go through anyway. But it would also depend on how fast the proxies are.