ScrapeBox Forum
How Many URLs per Keyword Can Scrapebox Scrape? - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: Scrapebox Footprints (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-footprints)
+--- Thread: How Many URLs per Keyword Can Scrapebox Scrape? (/Thread-how-many-urls-per-keyword-can-scrapebox-scrape)

How Many URLs per Keyword Can Scrapebox Scrape? - joeleighton - 01-03-2011

The Harvesting video says SB will scrape up to 1,000 URLs per keyword.

...but the SB interface says "google allow to scrape 100 results per results page"

Does that mean 100 results per page x 10 pages...or is 100 in total the limit?

Thanks, Joe

RE: How Many URLs per Keyword Can Scrapebox Scrape? - s4nt0s - 01-04-2011

Scrapebox is capable of scraping 1,000 URL's per keyword. That is not a Scrapebox limitation but a search engine limitation. I'm not sure exactly how SB extracts the results but I do know it is definitely 1,000 per keyword. =)

RE: How Many URLs per Keyword Can Scrapebox Scrape? - joewunsch1 - 02-19-2011

(01-03-2011, 02:55 AM)joeleighton Wrote: The Harvesting video says SB will scrape up to 1,000 URLs per keyword.

...but the SB interface says "google allow to scrape 100 results per results page"

Does that mean 100 results per page x 10 pages...or is 100 in total the limit?

Thanks, Joe

Hey Joe,

Yes google limits you to the first 1000 URLS of your query, so you can only scrape 1000 url's per keyword.

So yes, it will take 10 pages, harvesting 100 URL's per page, to get to the 1000 URL limit per keywords. You can change google to show you the same 100 url's per page by clicking on the cogwheel in the top right corner, clicking search settings, and scrolling down the bottom and setting the number of results per page to 100.

Because of this limitation it is better to use a large list of longtail keywords and/or the Time settings to only harvest the pages indexed in the last 24 hours/1 week/month, etc -- because it will allow you to find more url's then just using highly competitive keywords and pulling the first 1000 from each of them.

Joe

RE: How Many URLs per Keyword Can Scrapebox Scrape? - Melvin - 03-14-2011

Right 1000 url's per keyword and not more than that..

RE: How Many URLs per Keyword Can Scrapebox Scrape? - kingofseo - 03-15-2011

The max amount is 100 urls per keyowrd bu up to 1 million link in all

RE: How Many URLs per Keyword Can Scrapebox Scrape? - s4nt0s - 03-15-2011

No idea what this guy is talkin about ^^

RE: How Many URLs per Keyword Can Scrapebox Scrape? - megablogger - 04-11-2011

Gonna make a question here since it's related to the thread.

I'm actually looking for sites that have a certain cms platform installed. Just like with "Powered by vbulletin".

The thing is, when I do the search in google for "powered by xxx" "register" "login" it throws more than 700k results. Notice that I don't need keywords, but I'm rather always looking for this pattern, and I don't really care what's the content, as long as it has the fooprint.

The problem is that I try using scrapebox to get all these sites, I just manage to harvest 100 urls.

Is there any way I can harvest these urls by the thousands?.

What I am doing wrong?

RE: How Many URLs per Keyword Can Scrapebox Scrape? - s4nt0s - 04-11-2011

Use a large list of keywords.