ScrapeBox Forum
Best Way To Locate Emails - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: Best Way To Locate Emails (/Thread-best-way-to-locate-emails)

Best Way To Locate Emails - bigtex59 - 03-19-2018

Loopline, love your contributions here!  Thank you for that!

I'm new to Scrapebox and am looking to learn.

I want to locate email addresses for restaurants in various metro markets.  For example, I would like to find email addresses for the 14,000 or so restaurants in the great DFW area.  I have the list of the restaurant names and addresses, but not the email address nor their URLs.

How would you go about finding these emails?  Would you run the URL harvester from the list of business names first and then scrape that list of harvested URLs?  Would you include their full address when harvesting URLs?  How many URLs would you harvest for each business?  Once you have the URLs, how many levels would you search for the emails?

I'm just looking to learn how to best use Scrapebox and how to build the best email list possible.

TIA.

RE: Best Way To Locate Emails - loopline - 03-20-2018

Glad you like the contributions. Smile

Personally I would use the business name and then the address. Then scrape 2 levels deep for mails. That nets you the home page and then like any contact/about us type pages as well.

Also I would just scrape 1 or maybe 2 results for a given business name.

if the address is making it too complicated or lowering results you can try just the business name and then maybe the city/state or more ideally probably the zip code.

Then you can export uncompleted keywords and try again or you can try the detailed harvester which will retry indefinitely and not skip keywords but is single threaded. Probably best to be slow anyway though if your using google, which I would.

RE: Best Way To Locate Emails - bigtex59 - 03-20-2018

(03-20-2018, 12:08 AM)loopline Wrote: Glad you like the contributions.  Smile  

Personally I would use the business name and then the address.  Then scrape 2 levels deep for mails.  That nets you the home page and then like any contact/about us type pages as well.  

Also I would just scrape 1 or maybe 2 results for a given business name.  

if the address is making it too complicated or lowering results you can try just the business name and then maybe the city/state or more ideally probably the zip code.  

Then you can export uncompleted keywords and try again or you can try the detailed harvester which will retry indefinitely and not skip keywords but is single threaded.  Probably best to be slow anyway though if your using google, which I would.

So I make sure I understand what you suggested...  Are you suggesting that I URL harvest with the Business name and then the address separately?  After that, I think I understand what you're suggesting, but wasn't sure about the first suggestion.

Thanks.

RE: Best Way To Locate Emails - loopline - 03-20-2018

Im saying there is no wrong answer. Harvesting with just the address probably won't yield you good results. In my very limited experiments google often doesn't know how to resolve a address to a business, to no fault of its own. You can easily have many businesses sharing 1 address, so its just hard.

That said testing is key. I mean try just the business name, does it work? Do you get good results? If so go with it.

If not, add in some more specific details, like the zip code or an address etc..

You will just have to test