ScrapeBox Forum
Social Account Scraper Stalls at End - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous Topics (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-miscellaneous-topics)
+--- Forum: Feedback (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-feedback)
+--- Thread: Social Account Scraper Stalls at End (/Thread-social-account-scraper-stalls-at-end)

Social Account Scraper Stalls at End - Emails=Widgets - 05-10-2018

The Social Account Scraper often stalls at the very end of the process for me.

It successfully checks all of the links, brings the number of connections down to one, and shows one link left to check in the status bar. It then stalls and won't let me export the results to Excel. If I manually stop the process, it just stalls in that mode.

It looks like this:

Does anyone know what might be causing this? The scraper has completed the entire process before, but it seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

RE: Social Account Scraper Stalls at End - loopline - 05-11-2018

That means that something has locked 1 or more of the threads. This can be security software such as anti-virus, malware checkers and firewalls. So you should whitelist scrapebox in all security software and then you can whitelist the entire scrapebox folder as well.

Further any program that accesses the internet can lock threads, things like skype, utorrent etc… So you can try closing down any unneeded programs. Then if its working you can turn programs back on 1 by 1 to find the culprit.

Further pc optimization software can lock threads so you can shut any such software down.

Take note that disabling security software (such as anti-virus, malware checkers and firewalls) often only stops new rules form forming, but allows existing rules to still fire. So you have to fully whitelist in the security software or uninstall the security software(as a test).

Further some security softwar requires you to whitelist in more then one place before it takes effect.

Also note that disabling a router firewall, does actually fully disable it.

Basically you have to sort out what is locking the threads, because scrapebox is forced to wait until all threads are released. On occasion it can be windows that does it, so you can try restarting your machine and/or lowering total connections.

RE: Social Account Scraper Stalls at End - Emails=Widgets - 05-22-2018

(05-11-2018, 10:28 PM)loopline Wrote: That means that something has locked 1 or more of the threads.  This can be security software such as  anti-virus, malware checkers and firewalls.   So you should whitelist scrapebox in all security software and then you can whitelist the entire scrapebox folder as well.  

Further any program that accesses the internet can lock threads, things like skype, utorrent etc…  So you can try closing down any unneeded programs.  Then if its working you can turn programs back on 1 by 1 to find the culprit.  

Further pc optimization software can lock threads so you can shut any such software down.  

Take note that disabling security software (such as anti-virus, malware checkers and firewalls) often only stops new rules form forming, but allows existing rules to still fire.  So you have to fully whitelist in the security software or uninstall the security software(as a test).  

Further some security softwar requires you to whitelist in more then one place before it takes effect.  

Also note that disabling a router firewall, does actually fully disable it.

Basically you have to sort out what is locking the threads, because scrapebox is forced to wait until all threads are released.  On occasion it can be windows that does it, so you can try restarting your machine and/or lowering total connections.

Thank you for the detailed answer! I ran it once more without any other programs running, and the scraper finished the job. Previously, I was running another program for grabbing emails at the same time as the social scraper, so I suspect that was the problem.

I'll run the social scraper once again to see how it works with nothing else running at the same time.