ScrapeBox Forum
Getting Page Ranks - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: Getting Page Ranks (/Thread-getting-page-ranks)

Getting Page Ranks - smudger1767 - 02-27-2011

Hi all,

After going through some of the tutorials and messing with the program I have noticed that it takes along time for the page rank results to come back, I'm talking about over 1hr for 600 results, is this normal or have I got the settings wrong.
I have a fast broadband connection of 20mb/s
Windows 7 64bit
6 gig DDR2 Memory

Any suggestion much appreciated
Regards
Paul

RE: Getting Page Ranks - bulkwarrior - 02-27-2011

you need to increase the pagerank threads.

RE: Getting Page Ranks - smudger1767 - 02-27-2011

Hi,

So its just a matter of messing with the settings then?
These are the settings I have now but it takes hours to check the page rank

RE: Getting Page Ranks - s4nt0s - 02-28-2011

You pagerank threads are set to max so that definitely can't be the problem. What kind of proxies are you using? Scrapebox built in proxies harvester or your own private proxies?

I'm using private proxies and just checked pagerank of over 2,000 url's in 75 seconds. Your computer spec's and internet speed are way better then mine so I know that can't be the problem.

[Image: pagerank.png]

RE: Getting Page Ranks - smudger1767 - 02-28-2011

Hi,

Soryed the problem out but thanks for the advice, I fixed it by turning the delay off. But now I have a different problem after finding some wordpress blogs to coment on, I do the commenting and most of them get posted but when I check the backlinks with check links they all fail.
What am I doing wrong?

Regards
Paul    

RE: Getting Page Ranks - s4nt0s - 02-28-2011

The reason you only found 1 link is because you're commenting on a very small list of Wordpress blogs. The majority of Wordpress blogs are moderated, meaning that the blog owner has to read and approve the comment before it goes live on the website.

It looks like from the pictures you uploaded that you had a very small list of 134 blogs and only 89 were successfully posted to. Just because it says, "posted" doesn't mean that the link is live yet. If you want to see more links go live right away you're gonna need a way bigger list of blogs to comment on.

If you aren't having good success with wordpress then switch to blogengine for a little while. Most blogengine blogs aren't moderated so your links go live right away. The downside of that is, a lot more of the blogs are spammed.

RE: Getting Page Ranks - seogawd - 03-01-2011

(02-28-2011, 09:54 PM)s4nt0s Wrote: The downside of that is, a lot more of the blogs are spammed.

understatement of the year Giggle

You should spend more time harvesting than posting

RE: Getting Page Ranks - smudger1767 - 03-01-2011

Thanks for the advice. I will concentrate on more harvesting.