ScrapeBox Forum
Suggestions for scraping - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: Suggestions for scraping (/Thread-suggestions-for-scraping)

Suggestions for scraping - CleverCloe - 03-11-2010

I scrape to find high PR blogs to manually post on. The problem is if I just use keywords and check the wordpress blogs, I will get too general of blogs to post on and sometimes there really is no correlation with the subject at hand. Like if my keyword is "wood floor" it will spit out blogs that have the word floor mentioned in the title but it could be something like "Obama gets mad and hits the floor" which obviously would have nothing to do with wood floors.

I have been primarily using "inurl: wood floors" and even then I get s lot of blogs that maybe only have the word "wood" or "floor" mentioned in the title but not really relevant.

Is there a better way to target more relevant blogs?

RE: Suggestions for scraping - Tha_Box_Rox - 03-12-2010

No, if "BIG G" or other engines think this blogs are relevant for "wood floor", than its also correlated with your key, though the contentual correlation for humans is 0, but the correlation for the searchengines is existing (so far, cause automatical sematic analysing isn't that improved).

RE: Suggestions for scraping - Pete - 03-23-2010

You could try scraping more keywords and drill down a bit.

Perhaps things like -

Pine wood floors
Hard wood flooring
Wood floor covering
etc........

Long tail keywords.

RE: Suggestions for scraping - Erik Creed - 03-23-2010

I agree with Pete on this one.

Make a list of all types of wood floors people search for then harvest for them all, you should also use the google keyword research tool here to find out what people search for related to your keywords, then export these as a text file and copy/paste into scrapebox to harvest.

RE: Suggestions for scraping - VaultBoss - 08-30-2010

(03-11-2010, 09:35 PM)CleverCloe Wrote: I scrape to find high PR blogs to manually post on. The problem is if I just use keywords and check the wordpress blogs, I will get too general of blogs to post on and sometimes there really is no correlation with the subject at hand. Like if my keyword is "wood floor" it will spit out blogs that have the word floor mentioned in the title but it could be something like "Obama gets mad and hits the floor" which obviously would have nothing to do with wood floors.

I have been primarily using "inurl: wood floors" and even then I get s lot of blogs that maybe only have the word "wood" or "floor" mentioned in the title but not really relevant.

Is there a better way to target more relevant blogs?

SEO wise, there is no benefit from targeting related blogs in your niche (who tells you different is wrong) as SEs will finally count a link and that's all.
If the backlink source would be relevant, I would start building backlinks 'against' my competitors, from bad famed environments, and get them de-ranked much easier than get myself ranked --- but this never happens, so trust me, there is no weight on relevancy for SEO.

From the traffic standpoint, though... if you hope to have also human visitors interested to follow the link back to your website, it would be beneficial ... but then again ... would the owners of the blogs grant you a 1-way link to your website (their direct competition) so easily? My guess is it's not gonna happen, usually...

So my advice would be to harvest whatever you will find brings you most results with quality indexed and ranked blog posts (not the main domains, but the post pages!!!) and try to comment there, automatically with SB, maybe up to PR 3-4 max 5 in some cases AND comment manually on PR>5 to have better chances to get published...

Hope this helps?

RE: Suggestions for scraping - satti76 - 08-30-2010

Forget seo.
A link is a link,where ever you find grab it.
At ends,it always a number game.

RE: Suggestions for scraping - globalads - 09-08-2010

well said. links are links.