ScrapeBox Forum
YouTube footprint help? - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: Scrapebox Footprints (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-footprints)
+--- Thread: YouTube footprint help? (/Thread-youtube-footprint-help)

YouTube footprint help? - Evanh - 08-03-2015

Hi there,

I am having a problem with the footprint "inurl:youtube.com/watch?v=" and scraping video URLs using Google, Bing and Yahoo…

It worked at first and then I used scrapebox to find some blog URLs and now it seems when I "harvest" a new list of keywords it's only bringing up blog URLs and not YouTube ones (even when I use the YouTube footprint)…

I am now checking off the "YouTube" search engine box in the custom harvester to get video URLs, rather than the "Google" "Bing" and "Yahoo" check box which just seems to bring up blog URLs…I'd rather go back to the way I was using it before For example, put in "inurl:youtube.com/watch?v=" as the custom footprint, get my keywords and check off the Google, Bing and Yahoo boxes in the custom harvester. I think I was getting higher traffic videos/URLs this way.

How can I get to the way I was using scrapebox before?

Is scraping from Youtube the same as scraping from Google, Bing Yahoo in the custom harvester…?

I really am not too sure what I did.

Any advice/information would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Evan H

RE: YouTube footprint help? - loopline - 08-03-2015

Are you using V2 of Scrapebox?

Can you give me a screenshot of your main Scrapebox window prior to harvesting?

Make sure you have custom footprint selected and not platforms

I just tried it and it worked fine for me.

RE: YouTube footprint help? - Evanh - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 08:11 PM)loopline Wrote: Are you using V2 of Scrapebox?

Can you give me a screenshot of your main Scrapebox window prior to harvesting?

Make sure you have custom footprint selected and not platforms

I just tried it and it worked fine for me.

Thanks for the quick reply...Here is a screenshot.

I put in the same YouTube footprint and got basically all website and blog URL's and barely any videos.

Is there anyway I can reset scrapebox to work how it was originally?

I have been checking off the YouTube box in the "Custom Harvester" for now but I feel that I was getting better results when I was using the YouTube footprint and checking off Google, Bing and Yahoo. (Maybe I am wrong)

I don't mind going this route as long as it will return just as quality of URL's and high traffic videos.

But I am confused as to why I can't go back to the way it was working before?

RE: YouTube footprint help? - loopline - 08-06-2015

Try going to settings >> harvester engine configuration >> import >> default engines.

Perhaps your engine file is messed up and that will reset it. (and delete any custom engines you made so back them up first if you have added any)

Your screen looks correct, but when I do that I get videos

RE: YouTube footprint help? - ZUNAMI - 08-08-2015

Very nice mister loopline

RE: YouTube footprint help? - Evanh - 08-09-2015

Thanks for all the help and I looked at your screenshot...But unfortunately I am still pulling up website URL's and not Youtube ones Sad

I guess for now I will just check off the YouTube box in the Custom harvester and use it that way.

Is this the same thing as doing it through Google, Bing and Yahoo?

PS: It was working fine until I decided to try and scrape blogs one day...I don't know what happened!

RE: YouTube footprint help? - loopline - 08-17-2015

It sounds like maybe your engine definition file is messed up.

Try downloading an entire fresh copy of Scrapebox and try it, does it work? Unzip it to a folder on your desktop or in your documents folder. It has to be something messed up in config/settings etc... I can't duplicate your issue on any one of over a dozen machines running various versions of desktop and server versions of Windows. Its something local to your machine/setup/files

http:/www.scrapebox.com/payment-received