ScrapeBox Forum
Server proxies stopped working? - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: Server proxies stopped working? (/Thread-server-proxies-stopped-working)

Server proxies stopped working? - hoanglo - 11-02-2015

Hi
I'm trying to scrape only with server proxies but for some reason scrapebox doesn't download proxies like it did when in beta.
Did the server proxies feature stop working?

RE: Server proxies stopped working? - Viking - 11-12-2015

same here. four days ago was able to scrape with server proxies and got 3M list very easily. now not a single proxy is available for three days. SB support wasn't very helpful answering my question about it basically saying it is luck of the draw if there are any proxies. I suspect something else has happened given that there were thousands of proxies available previously and now none.

RE: Server proxies stopped working? - Daydee - 11-12-2015

currently scraping with 1308 server proxies

RE: Server proxies stopped working? - loopline - 11-13-2015

Are you guys using ESET Nod 32? It blocks Scrapebox from downloading server proxies. I know when people uninstall it and use a different A/V everything is fine. It isn't smart enough to scan parts of Scrapebox so it just blocks them. Its caused problems with SB for years.

That aside, the server proxies are fine, so if you are getting 0 proxies show up in your proxy column it means that something is blocking scrapebox from downloading the server proxies and you need to find the offending program and either whitelist scrapebox or uninstall the offending program.

RE: Server proxies stopped working? - Viking - 11-13-2015

Loopline. Thanks for that. It is weird. A week ago SB hammered out 3M list for me like a champ. Literally the next time I used the device and SB, I had this issue. Nothing changed on it. Anything else could be the issue other than A/V? Thank you.

RE: Server proxies stopped working? - loopline - 11-13-2015

Something is blocking scrapebox from accessing the server proxies server. So any program that could have updated could not be blocking it. You can try restarting in safe mode with networking as a test, all your 3rd party stuff won't start then. If it works then its almost certain its software on your pc, else if it still doesn't work it could be your hardware or something in your network. So you can try disabling your router firewall or you can try bypassing the router and connecting direct or with a mobile dongle etc...

RE: Server proxies stopped working? - Viking - 11-16-2015

Thanks for that Matt. I tried booting in safe mode and I now get an error on Scrapebox "Unable to access the Scrapebox server at the moment" which is odd. Another note, if I go into SBV2 the usual way, I can go into Proxy Manager and download lots of proxies that way, so it looks like it works but not in the server mode. Any more advice?

RE: Server proxies stopped working? - loopline - 11-16-2015

well that means that safe mode just can't connect to the internet.

Downloading the proxies is going and scraping proxies from proxy sources, but using server proxies is getting a list of pre scraped and filtered proxies from the scrapebox servers, so they all come from 1 scrapebox server. There is more then 1 server testing them but they all get pushed to 1 server to be distrubted to the userbase. So your at the same place you were, something is blocking scrapeboxes access to the cloud proxy distribution server. So you need to find the offending program and whitelist scrapebox in it or uninstall the offending program. It could be your router too.

What anti-virus are you running?