ScrapeBox Forum
YP Scraper not returning results - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: YP Scraper not returning results (/Thread-yp-scraper-not-returning-results)

Pages: 1 2 3

YP Scraper not returning results - Plumberian - 01-14-2016

Can anyone help? I am at my wits end here as I had a job to do for someone and though I was in safe hands with the YP scaper to get it done. The job delivery time has already passed and I am up a creek without a paddle.

I have what appears at first sight to be two problems with the YP scraper.

Background: I am scraping UK Yellow pages for the term "plumber" and other related keywords. Max 5 keywords at any one time.

First problem was that the scrape would start and be working well with lots of results showing up and continuously added in to the results box and the "Records Scraped" figure going up and up. However, when the first keyword was finished with the listins would disappear from the screen, but the "Records Scraped" figure would still be there. When I tried to export results I got an error message saying "No records exist"

Second problem.

I have tried scraping one phrase at a time, so this time I just used "plumbers" and now the scraper has stopped completely at what looks like the end of the scrape. It's been hung there now for over 7 hours. Screenshot is attached.

This is the scond time it has hung and the only way to get out of that screen was to use task manager and force a stop.

I sure would appreciate some advice. I'll try anything to get this working.

RE: YP Scraper not returning results - hanna21 - 01-14-2016

is your SB legit ? contact me skype hanna21460 also if u have team viewer suggest u let me in take look live

try leech 2 , 3 ites then try export it.

1: do fix a problem of anything do not waste time leeching everything then checking if save works , just leech 2 address then save it , se if it works.

2: plugin might be buggy.

if u need a custom software made i can make it for you but , there will be a charge.

of course software is not for sb its programmed in .net

RE: YP Scraper not returning results - loopline - 01-15-2016

(01-14-2016, 09:21 AM)Plumberian Wrote: Can anyone help? I am at my wits end here as I had a job to do for someone and though I was in safe hands with the YP scaper to get it done. The job delivery time has already passed and I am up a creek without a paddle.

Background: I am scraping UK Yellow pages for the term "plumber" and other related keywords. Max 5 keywords at any one time.

First problem was that the scrape would start and be working well with lots of results showing up and continuously added in to the results box and the "Records Scraped" figure going up and up. However, when the first keyword was finished with the listins would disappear from the screen, but the "Records Scraped" figure would still be there. When I tried to export results I got an error message saying "No records exist"

Second problem.

I have tried scraping one phrase at a time, so this time I just used "plumbers" and now the scraper has stopped completely at what looks like the end of the scrape. It's been hung there now for over 7 hours. Screenshot is attached.

This is the scond time it has hung and the only way to get out of that screen was to use task manager and force a stop.

Uncheck the use proxies box and use 1 connection, does it work? Your clearly using public proxies which are at least part of the problem, maybe all of it. But its hard to troubleshoot the rest when those are in play.

RE: YP Scraper not returning results - Mogleybibbles - 02-23-2016

(01-15-2016, 12:31 AM)loopline Wrote:
(01-14-2016, 09:21 AM)Plumberian Wrote: Can anyone help? I am at my wits end here as I had a job to do for someone and though I was in safe hands with the YP scaper to get it done. The job delivery time has already passed and I am up a creek without a paddle.

Second problem.

Uncheck the use proxies box and use 1 connection, does it work? Your clearly using public proxies which are at least part of the problem, maybe all of it. But its hard to troubleshoot the rest when those are in play.

Sorry to hijack this thread. I am having the exact same issue over here in the UK. I am using private proxies purchased from squid/myprivateproxy. Was there a solution to this problem?

Thanks.

RE: YP Scraper not returning results - loopline - 02-23-2016

Your having the listings disappearing from teh screen issue or it getting stuck issue or both?

RE: YP Scraper not returning results - RichB409 - 05-09-2016

Hey Loopline, me again! (Sorry)

I'm having it just work through the keywords and return 0 results. It's previously worked fine.

Have tried with no proxies and one connection, also with my proxies (which are good with other addons).

Trying to get results from .com.au.

Page authority and backlink checker are working fine now Smile God damn I love this software.

Any thoughts?

RE: YP Scraper not returning results - loopline - 05-09-2016

Id "guess" your ip and your proxies are banned.

You can turn off javascript in a browser and try and search around on the AU yellow pages in a browser and you will probably see you are blocked. I was helping someone just a couple days ago with the AU ypscraper and same symptoms. It works fine for me, but of course I don't use it much, so Im not blocked.

Some yellow page sites unban in only a matter of hours, but this other person was having issues with seemingly longer bans. So you could try waiting like 2 days and see if it works (again can test in a browser with Javascript OFF and optionally with a private proxy as well). or you can try and get new proxies.

Also you can build a custom test for the AU yellow pages in the proxy tester to help you out.

RE: YP Scraper not returning results - RichB409 - 05-17-2016

(05-09-2016, 08:23 PM)loopline Wrote: Id "guess" your ip and your proxies are banned.

You can turn off javascript in a browser and try and search around on the AU yellow pages in a browser and you will probably see you are blocked. I was helping someone just a couple days ago with the AU ypscraper and same symptoms. It works fine for me, but of course I don't use it much, so Im not blocked.

Some yellow page sites unban in only a matter of hours, but this other person was having issues with seemingly longer bans. So you could try waiting like 2 days and see if it works (again can test in a browser with Javascript OFF and optionally with a private proxy as well). or you can try and get new proxies.

Also you can build a custom test for the AU yellow pages in the proxy tester to help you out.

It's been over a week easily now, I've tried with various VPN, with no proxies, with proxies with same result. I thought with each of those variables changed it might make a difference?

Otherwise I guess I'll just buy more proxies..

RE: YP Scraper not returning results - loopline - 05-18-2016

If you turn off javascript and try to load the yellow pages your trying to work with, but load it in a browser I mean. Then try a couple searches, does it work?

RE: YP Scraper not returning results - RichB409 - 05-18-2016

Yeah it works perfectly, no issues at all.....

Just bought 10 dedicated proxies and still no luck. hmmm

Also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the addon, using VPN. Run out of ideas.