ScrapeBox Forum
E-mail Grabber Issues with proxies & no proxies - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: E-mail Grabber Issues with proxies & no proxies (/Thread-e-mail-grabber-issues-with-proxies-no-proxies)

E-mail Grabber Issues with proxies & no proxies - Loungin - 01-18-2017

Hey guys, I have been a long-time creeper and first time poster! Loopline, your posts have been incredibly valuable to me, so thank you so much for your addition to the community.

I have a dedicated PC with hardline connection to 60mb down internet connection and all firewalls and AV off. I have 50 dedicated proxies with UN/PW that rotate every month and they all check out on proxy test. Harvester works great with no complaints using proxies. Took me a while to find the right settings per search engine, but otherwise flawless.

Now, I'm trying to use the email grabber for a list of only 588 urls (small compared to harvester runs). When I try with proxies I get a 407 error on every single one, even though all proxies test fine. I think I saw somewhere Loopline said you don't really need proxies for grabber since SE's are not policing IPs (?). So, when I turn them off it works, then I get socket errors after a while since I'm doing a depth of 2 so the 588 URLs end up being like 57,000 pages. I changed delay settings to random at 2-5 and still nothing.

Does anyone know why my proxies aren't working with the e-grabber or how to prevent the socket errors? Ideally I could just use all the proxies I pay for every month, but I've searched everywhere and no one appears to be having the same issue.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and hopefully this post may help some others having the same issue.

Much love,

Loungin

RE: E-mail Grabber Issues with proxies & no proxies - loopline - 01-19-2017

I really don't know why the proxies would work on other things and not the email grabber, it doesn't make any sense. But you are correct in that you don't need proxies for email grabbing, unless you are just cranking the connections up really high.

what version of Scrapebox are you using, the V 2.0.0.82?

RE: E-mail Grabber Issues with proxies & no proxies - Loungin - 01-19-2017

(01-19-2017, 03:03 AM)loopline Wrote: I really don't know why the proxies would work on other things and not the email grabber, it doesn't make any sense. But you are correct in that you don't need proxies for email grabbing, unless you are just cranking the connections up really high.

what version of Scrapebox are you using, the V 2.0.0.82?

Yeah, I'm using the latest version. That could explain why no one else is having the same problem! I have no idea what to do - is there any other reason it would trip a 407 that I can troubleshoot when the harvester works fine and proxies test out fine? ANY ideas? I'm fresh out.

RE: E-mail Grabber Issues with proxies & no proxies - loopline - 01-22-2017

You could contact support, but I honestly have no clue. Ill point support to this thread.

Do your proxies do ip authentication by chance?

RE: E-mail Grabber Issues with proxies & no proxies - loopline - 01-22-2017

Also I mailed support and they asked if your proxies were supposed to be user/pass or ip authenticated according to your proxy provider?

But they said in the next version, which would be .84 of scrapebox, that there is some authentication changes which should help resolve this. I have no eta.