The Blueprint Training

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Will You Be My Savior? - Google Mobile Site Tester - Error -1 Code
#1
Hi,

This issue is just driving me nuts.

I want to use the SB Google Mobile Site Tester addon for 1000s of urls but it is not working for me and gives an "Error-1" and just fails in SB, no log. Not a single one works. I emailed back and forth with support but they cannot help.

This is what I've tried so far.
  • Tried from Windows 10 PC & Server 2012 R2 VPS
  • Changing url to http://www.google.com
  • Changing 10x PageSpeed Api's (all were created more than 5 minutes ago)
  • Using all the api's in my WordPress websites (all work, tests come back)
  • Removed Chrome and firefox
  • Changed user agent several times
  • Used VPN
  • Installed previous version
  • Used 32 and 64 bit exe from SB
I tried everything and still it is not working..

Hope someone is able to help.

Thanks in advance!
Reply
#2
that error usually comes when you don't have a google page speed api loaded.

So make sure you go into your google api and turn on the page speed service. Because when you register an api, you still have to turn on the page speed service or it won't work.

Does that fix it?
Reply
#3
(09-22-2017, 10:40 PM)loopline Wrote: that error usually comes when you don't have a google page speed api loaded.  

So make sure you go into your google api and turn on the page speed service.  Because when you register an api, you still have to turn on the page speed service or it won't work.  

Does that fix it?

Thanks for answering, well this is the weird thing.

I use the same key with url profiler and it works, see picture below.

https://prntscr.com/goo1r8

When talking with support it also worked for them. It just does not work for my account or something, not on my home pc and USA vps..

Scrapebox does not like me it seems..
Reply
#4
Hey romanop,
any luck with this error? I have the same problem and still no luck.
Reply
#5
I made a video, perhaps this will help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XJ-79aaIJ0

Try making a new api key as well I had 1 api key that just didn't work for whatever reason, made a new one and boom its all good.
Reply
#6
Thanks for answering loopline.

I tried couple of different api keys + different gmail accounts. Still error -1.

I guess to test if the api key is not the issue it should be tested elsewhere.
Reply
#7
(10-10-2017, 12:59 AM)loopline Wrote: I made a video, perhaps this will help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XJ-79aaIJ0

Try making a new api key as well I had 1 api key that just didn't work for whatever reason, made a new one and boom its all good.

Hi, 


I am having same problem. Watched your video and done exactly step by step but no luck.

Also tried with new keys . Also raised with support but they also has no idea. 

What to do now? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Reply
#8
I'm getting the same error. Hey @loopline is the addon working for you?
Reply
#9
Just for the benefit of anyone else who runs into this in future and comes across this thread:

I ran into the same "Error-1" problem today and worked out that in my case the cause was that the URLs I had loaded into the Google Mobile Site Tester were from a site that had a global disallow set up in robots.txt

Google's mobile site testing will not run on website's where either robots.txt or meta robots are blocking search engines. Figured this out when I took one of the URLs that was returning an "Error-1" in Scrapebox and manually chucked it into Google's mobile friendly testing tool (their error code is much clearer).

That likely will not be the only thing that produces an "Error-1" in SB, but is definitely one thing you can check.
Reply
#10
Good to know, thanks for this!
Reply




Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)