ScrapeBox Forum
will not post comments at all - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: will not post comments at all (/Thread-will-not-post-comments-at-all)

Pages: 1 2 3

will not post comments at all - omg - 03-10-2010

hello

i have detailed a problem re scrapebox, i am posting to wordpress blog urls i have scraped/harvested and getting vitually zero (if not actually zero)
comments posted.

this is what i posted on bhw

after deleting any duplicates etc etc
using only 10 connections and using proxies,
im stil getting exatly the same messages at the end of the urls

failed, 500
failed, discarded
failed,403
failed,unable to post
or "failed,404"

and apart from the ones it is waiting for the post to be moderated, none of them have actually been posted to.

anyone got any firm ideas of how to resolve this because the urls it is attempting to post to are ok.

here
http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/1613170-post3422.html

and previously
post 3370 here
http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/buy-sell-trade/129096-scrapebox-ultimate-serp-scraper-auto-blog-commenter-prstorm-mode-75.html#post1609502

any ideas

thanks

RE: will not post comments at all - Erik Creed - 03-11-2010

First of all welcome to the forum and congrats on being the first member Tongue

So answer the following questions, so we can better understand your problem:

1) Do you have wordpress selected when harvesting the URL's and do you have wordpress selected when posting the comments?

2) How many URL's have you got in your list?

3) Do you get any success at all or nothing?

4) Are you using a different email adress each time you try to post?

5) What does your name look like is it a very long keyword phrase such as = "how to play maffia wars online" Or a short one such as = "maffia wars".

6) Have you tried posting using a new website/URL?

If your site ends up in Akismet spam filters your website won't get accepted by other's that have Akismet plugin enabled, so try with a new website and see if that helps.

But overall Wordpress has a low success rate, I myself don't even bother with wordpress anymore. BlogEngine is much better, since most blogs are auto-approved and your link appears instantly on most blogs you post to.

RE: will not post comments at all - omg - 03-11-2010

"First of all welcome to the forum and congrats on being the first member"

thanks,
can anyone beat my postcount ?
i put a lot of time and effort into developing it, nearly had a nervous breakdown at one point, due to the amount of work involved.

"1) Do you have wordpress selected when harvesting the URL's and do you have wordpress selected when posting the comments?"

yes wordpress is selected on both of these, harvesting and posting.

"2) How many URL's have you got in your list?"

approximately 10,000 on the one i just did.
the end figures were roughly 9,000 failed, and 1,000 posted to, but these were moderated, not posts appearing immediately.

"3) Do you get any success at all or nothing?"

basically nothing,
before i installed the latest version yesterday, it was posting and links were appearing immediately, but it hasnt changed because of akismet, because it was blocked by akismet anyway, (to be expected with any url) but it seems to have changed since i installed the latest version, because the urls i am posting to are basically the same as the ones i was posting to previously, and that was ok.

"4) Are you using a different email adress each time you try to post?"

there are about 20 emails in the "email" file
it selects from these 20 or so
these are all unique emails that i made myself

5) What does your name look like is it a very long keyword phrase such as = "how to play mafia wars online" Or a short one such as = "mafia wars".

no, the "name" (keyword/keyphrase"
is 2 - 3 short words, about 15 characters total approx

6) Have you tried posting using a new website/URL?

yes, i tried with a new url, but only for a small amount of them,(no difference) i also tried the same list twice (with the same url), to see if there was any difference, and there was no difference.

i thought that the

"failed, 500
failed, discarded
failed,403
failed,unable to post
or "failed,404"

might indicate what the problem was, because of the amount of "fails"
i.e. "failed, discarded" without giving a reason if there was one, because i think it says when it is affected by akismet, but there is no mention of akismet in most of them,
so that was why i was asking about the connection speed/amount of connections etc, because i thought that might have affected the percentage of "fails"

many thanks

RE: will not post comments at all - Embions - 03-11-2010

The funny thing about this problem is that I had it too the other day. I never had that problem before the interface of scrapebox changed during commenting on WP blogs. I was attempting to blast some of my ping.fm urls and it didn't work. Since I was so busy I never bothered to try it out again. I am thinking of getting a third license when I get another cpu specifically for blasting my web 2.0 properties as I am always scraping or doing something else with the ones I have already.

I am going to try it out again later and report back if it is still not working...

RE: will not post comments at all - CleverCloe - 03-11-2010

(03-11-2010, 04:36 AM)Embions Wrote: The funny thing about this problem is that I had it too the other day. I never had that problem before the interface of scrapebox changed during commenting on WP blogs. I was attempting to blast some of my ping.fm urls and it didn't work. Since I was so busy I never bothered to try it out again. I am thinking of getting a third license when I get another cpu specifically for blasting my web 2.0 properties as I am always scraping or doing something else with the ones I have already.

I am going to try it out again later and report back if it is still not working...

I had similar problems at first. I only got successful runs when I checked the settings > use slow commeneter accurate mode.

RE: will not post comments at all - trustadvert - 03-11-2010

i think the problems starts with the last version.
with the actual version (1.12.7), only every 2000 post shows success.

i have also an older version (1.12.3) of scrapebox installed. here i have a success rate of nearly 50%.

RE: will not post comments at all - Embions - 03-12-2010

I have not tried it out yet as I have been busy scraping forums all day but what trust advert says seem to go along with my findings. I never had problems commenting with the older version of SB.

RE: will not post comments at all - omg - 03-12-2010

is there any way of reinstalling the previous version ?
because the download link is obviously the newer version.

or does anyone know if there is going to be an update to fix this ?

thanks

RE: will not post comments at all - Erik Creed - 03-12-2010

I got version 2.3 and the new version.

You can use both at once, sent you the details through PM.

(03-12-2010, 02:12 AM)omg Wrote: is there any way of reinstalling the previous version ?
because the download link is obviously the newer version.

or does anyone know if there is going to be an update to fix this ?

thanks

RE: will not post comments at all - taemonica - 03-12-2010

maybe we should wait for the next update.. for the fix, i've also encountered this problem... did anyone manage to get around this??
btw, i've sent a ticket regarding this.. im still waiting for the reply.. will update u soon.