ScrapeBox Forum
Anchor Text Discovery? - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: Anchor Text Discovery? (/Thread-anchor-text-discovery)

Anchor Text Discovery? - Altstatten - 07-27-2011

Got a list of links.

Is there a way to use ScrapeBox to determine what the anchor text associated with each one is?

Please be detailed in your answer if y'know. Thanks!

RE: Anchor Text Discovery? - Drink More Tea - 07-27-2011

(07-27-2011, 01:43 AM)Altstatten Wrote: Got a list of links.

Is there a way to use ScrapeBox to determine what the anchor text associated with each one is?

Please be detailed in your answer if y'know. Thanks!

Do you mean:

i) You have used this list to post comments, and you want to know which anchor text you used when commenting

OR

ii) You wish to know what anchor text other people have been using when linking to the URL?

RE: Anchor Text Discovery? - Altstatten - 07-27-2011

The latter, but if you know the answer to either one, please share!

RE: Anchor Text Discovery? - Nikes - 07-27-2011

To find the anchor text you use link checker. Input the link you are checking for. SB will go through the list and check and show links where link was found and show anchor text used for that link too.

As for the latter it's a bit harder. You'd have to extract the links from the links first. Put them all into link checker sites to check for but you could have hundreds if not thousands of spammers links. This would slow SB down immensely while it searched each page for each link. It would though and would show you the anchor text also.

RE: Anchor Text Discovery? - Altstatten - 07-28-2011

1. I see absolutely nothing called "link checker". I have a Backlink Checker add-on that does not show any anchor text.

2. Not sure what your second answer refers to. I posed my question in a simple form so no one would make it harder than it is, but that didn't work.

I have a list of links in a txt file, all pointing to my site. How can I get SB to look at each link and tell me what the anchor text utilized by each link is?

EDIT: Okay I found the Check Link button. <sigh> Am having a challenge deciphering the final readout though. Film at 11...

Thanks for the reply NIKE.

RE: Anchor Text Discovery? - Nikes - 07-28-2011

Backlink checker/link checker. Whatever you wanna call it that is what you want. Install it.
Yes it does show the anchor text.
You install it. Click "Check Link". You now need 2 files (text files) first one is your lists of blogs/forums whatever they are with all the URLs in it. Second one is simply the site (domain) you want to check for. Just put yoursite.com at the top that's it.

Now load those into Sick in comment poster field. Click on "check links"... Link Checker opens...
Click on "match domain only". Click start. SB will go through the list and show links it found your link at and wait for it.... the anchor text used! Smiley-eatdrink009

RE: Anchor Text Discovery? - s4nt0s - 07-28-2011

If you're wanting to scrape the anchor text from the comment field you can use my ultimate comment scraper software. I'm not sure if that's what you were wanting to do.

This poor forum is getting spammed to death. I can't get a hold of the admin and my moderator privileges won't allow me to delete posts. Sad

RE: Anchor Text Discovery? - Poasiop - 08-25-2011

Look more informative answers to other forums.