ScrapeBox Forum
Question for the enlightened on Squid Proxies - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: Proxies, Pinging, Captcha Talk & ScrapeBox Blog Platforms (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-proxies-pinging-captcha-talk-scrapebox-blog-platforms)
+--- Forum: ScrapeBox Proxies (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-proxies)
+--- Thread: Question for the enlightened on Squid Proxies (/Thread-question-for-the-enlightened-on-squid-proxies)

Question for the enlightened on Squid Proxies - bluegee - 10-04-2011

Howdy!

I just bought myself some proxies (ten to start with) from Squid Proxies. Used a link that I found here (seogawd's) and the first batch were sent to me without too much trouble (well, it was a weekend so it took a little longer than I expected, but no worries!). Good discount too & therefore reasonable price (USD 19.20/month).

Unfortunately a large portion of them (40% from a particular range) failed when I tested them. I wrote to Squid Support and they told me that they were going to replace them and quite promptly (overnight) they did. The original ones were allocated automatically and thus the problem they said. These new ones would work perfectly with Scrapebox & SENukeX they said. I must confirm that they have a pretty good help desk and the staff have been quite pleasant. No problems there.

Distressingly, though, half the second lot of proxies failed tests yet again (50% from a particular range, this time). I have written to Squid Support yet again and I am not such a happy chappie this time around.

I am looking for some feedback from others who have used Squid. Have they had similar issues? Are these issues, non-issues? Does one just carry on with a smile on one's lip and a skip in one's step or does one need to be worried? I wouldn't mind paying a little more as long as I am sure that the proxies allocated have been properly vetted for Scrapebox use and so are there better services that anyone is aware of? Or is this merely an aberration which with a couple of mails going back & forth will eventually sort itself out? I would like the proxies that I pay for to work all the time or at least instantly be replace by ones that do, is that too much to expect?

Thanks, in advance, to anyone who cares to respond to this mail.

bluegee

RE: Question for the enlightened on Squid Proxies - etojoy - 10-06-2011

I think they replace daily, some of my private proxies go bad every now and then and I login to the members area to copy the new proxies there.

I got 10 as well.

The first time I had bad proxy issue I emailed their support and they fixed it within 24 hours and I didn't have bad proxies for a good while.

Try contacting their support, I think you need to create a ticket.

If you didn't know squidproxies is a member here and he even has a sales thread here:
http://www.www.scrapeboxforum.com/Thread-Private-Proxies-by-SquidProxies-Guaranteed-Working-Instant-Setup

RE: Question for the enlightened on Squid Proxies - bluegee - 10-06-2011

(10-06-2011, 02:41 PM)etojoy Wrote: I think they replace daily, some of my private proxies go bad every now and then and I login to the members area to copy the new proxies there.

I got 10 as well.

The first time I had bad proxy issue I emailed their support and they fixed it within 24 hours and I didn't have bad proxies for a good while.

Try contacting their support, I think you need to create a ticket.

Thanks for replying and for that piece of information. It's just what I did, too. Twice! And my proxies were replaced twice. So all's good now but it just bothers me that one has to do all this back and forth with Support stuff. With about 24 hours elapsing between each set that is sent out.

I wonder if they can be thoroughly vetted before being allocated. But, as with everything else, it costs more to do that (these proxies are allocated automatically - no human interference, I am given to understand!), and that would then be reflected in the price. At $19.20 for 10, I guess they should be considered a steal.

Anyway, lemme go scrape a bit!

bluegee

Maybe it's time you outsource some aspects of your business? Smile

I don't like every single task either, so if you don't like some aspects like running scrapebox etc, outsource.

Try the service section here, post that you want someone to do scrapebox tasks for you on a weekly/daily basis etc.

I'm sure you can find some cheap freelancers from the philipines etc.

If you want to hire someone just do it yourself.

Maybe plan better so you don't do it as often.