ScrapeBox Forum
Web hosts compatible with Scrapebox - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: Web hosts compatible with Scrapebox (/Thread-web-hosts-compatible-with-scrapebox)

Web hosts compatible with Scrapebox - neelloc21 - 10-15-2011

Could someone recommend a web host which allows private proxies, and the general demands made on their cpu by scrapebox. If its shared hosting, proxies are a no no, and as for VPS that's fairly pricey.

RE: Web hosts compatible with Scrapebox - etojoy - 10-15-2011

If I'm not mistaken S4ntos has dedicated.

I run from home 100mbits and 3 computers with SB on each.

RE: Web hosts compatible with Scrapebox - etojoy - 10-15-2011

If I were you I'd invest in a few new samsung netbooks, those small computers youc an get for around $200 in the US.

Thats a better investment as you'd have them around even when software and chit changes.
You can run tweetattacks and what not if you buy a few netbooks.

Also see if you can get faster internet some companies offer 1 gig speed.

I'd only get a server if I was going xrumer style Smile

RE: Web hosts compatible with Scrapebox - neelloc21 - 10-15-2011

(10-15-2011, 01:40 AM)etojoy Wrote: If I were you I'd invest in a few new samsung netbooks, those small computers youc an get for around $200 in the US.

Thats a better investment as you'd have them around even when software and chit changes.
You can run tweetattacks and what not if you buy a few netbooks.

Also see if you can get faster internet some companies offer 1 gig speed.

I'd only get a server if I was going xrumer style Smile

Thanks etojoy. My account on a shared server could get shutdown if I use proxies. Before I used Scrapebox my sites were down for long periods during 24 hours, because the server has a squillon shared accounts, and the only way to give all clients a piece of the cpu, was to throttle the accounts during 24hours. It's not because my sites had heavy traffic, far from it, unfortunately.
So I was interested to learn what other Scrapebox users have for a web host.

RE: Web hosts compatible with Scrapebox - s4nt0s - 10-15-2011

What is your monthly budget? I'd highly highly recommend a VPS or dedicated server. Getting a dedicated server is one of the best investments I've made online.

RE: Web hosts compatible with Scrapebox - neelloc21 - 10-15-2011

(10-15-2011, 03:11 AM)s4nt0s Wrote: What is your monthly budget? I'd highly highly recommend a VPS or dedicated server. Getting a dedicated server is one of the best investments I've made online.

Thanks Santos ,anywhere between 20-40 dollars a month would be OK, which would probably exclude me from both VPS and dedicated.

RE: Web hosts compatible with Scrapebox - s4nt0s - 10-15-2011

Actually you can get a very good VPS or dedicated server for that monthly budget. I've sent you a PM.