ScrapeBox Forum
Custom Search Footprints - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: Scrapebox Footprints (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-footprints)
+--- Thread: Custom Search Footprints (/Thread-custom-search-footprints)

Pages: 1 2 3

Custom Search Footprints - Erik Creed - 03-13-2010

You're probably looking for some great footprints, here’s a small selection to get you started:

Wordpress:

Inurl:.edu “powered by wordpress” “leave a comment”
Inurl:.gov “powered by wordpress”
Inurl:.ac.uk “powered by wordpress”

BlogEngine

Inurl:.edu “Powered by BlogEngine.NET 1.4.5.0″
Inurl:.gov “”Powered by BlogEngine.NET 1.4.5.0″
Inurl:.ac.uk “Powered by BlogEngine.NET 1.4.5.0″

Forums

“Powered by PHPbb”
“Powered by vBulletin”
“Powered by SMF”

Guestbooks

allintext:[get a cbox]
“Powered by Tagbox”

RE: Custom Search Footprints - hnbaby - 03-14-2010

very useful info. thanks.

RE: Custom Search Footprints - globalads - 03-16-2010

awesome. This makes it look easy. thanks

RE: Custom Search Footprints - dave ray - 03-17-2010

Some more forum footprints

Simple machines:
"powered by Simple Machines"
inurl:/index.php?action=register

PunBB
"powered by punBB"

IP Bulletin Board
"Powered By IP.Board"

Regards
Dave

RE: Custom Search Footprints - sagewithin - 04-02-2010

These are very helpful thanks! Would love to have more listed here. Anyone willing to share?

RE: Custom Search Footprints - BeachVitality - 04-09-2010

these look useful, however, can someone point out characteristic details for these footprints?

i.e. blogengine has instant comments etc, but what about the others?

thanks!

also, when harvesting a list of urls using custom footprints- what do you select to comment poster? i.e. type of blog?, manual? go through each?

RE: Custom Search Footprints - ZeroCool - 05-30-2010

You can also use it to get all the backlinks of your competitors:

linkdomain:competitorURL.com -site:competitorURL.com

And to specific high ranking pages

linkdomain:competitorURL.com/page.html -site:competitorURL.com

What about Angela's backlinks or Pauls backlinks for profile pages:

AngelaE8654
pj413
Oh and if any of you are still doing the identi.ca method:

inurl:identi.ca

Then you can go and add the people and groups to your friends to build up your identi.ca PR.

RE: Custom Search Footprints - ves - 05-31-2010

(05-30-2010, 07:46 PM)ZeroCool Wrote: You can also use it to get all the backlinks of your competitors:

AngelaE8654
pj413

Then you can go and add the people and groups to your friends to build up your identi.ca PR.

Hi ZeroCool,
Thanks for the post. Although I've had SB for several months now, I must admit I'm still trying to fathom how to improve my use of it. I am trying to fully understand the footprints part of things... sorry, yes, I'm a dumb blonde!
I have had a substantial number of backlinks created to my sites - often too many in one hit - I've gotta make it look more natural Angel
Pity they don't all stick - a decent amount does stick tho, making the work worthwhile.

OK, How do I use the Angela and Paul footprint you listed? I did subscribe in the past... not sure how to use the info you so kindly provided... could you give me more details please?

One more thing... can SB be used like a Trackback Submitter sort of purpose? To get a different type of link other than comments?
Thanks

RE: Custom Search Footprints - ZeroCool - 05-31-2010

(05-31-2010, 01:51 PM)ves Wrote:
(05-30-2010, 07:46 PM)ZeroCool Wrote: You can also use it to get all the backlinks of your competitors:

AngelaE8654
pj413

Hi ZeroCool,
Thanks for the post. Although I've had SB for several months now, I must admit I'm still trying to fathom how to improve my use of it. I am trying to fully understand the footprints part of things... sorry, yes, I'm a dumb blonde!
I have had a substantial number of backlinks created to my sites - often too many in one hit - I've gotta make it look more natural Angel
Pity they don't all stick - a decent amount does stick tho, making the work worthwhile.

OK, How do I use the Angela and Paul footprint you listed? I did subscribe in the past... not sure how to use the info you so kindly provided... could you give me more details please?

One more thing... can SB be used like a Trackback Submitter sort of purpose? To get a different type of link other than comments?
Thanks

Hey ves,

Don't worry about it. I've only had scrapebox a few days and I'm still figuring out what I can use it for.

What I've been doing is mixing it up and sometime linking to my main money site, but more often linking to ezine, squidoo articles and other web 2.0 linkwheel type sites that all link to my money site. That way I don't have the worry of being penalised by Google!

For angelas and pauls links all you do is harvest any url with their username in it and them remove duplicate links and domains. What you then have is a big list of profiles that profile dofollow backlinks for. You can either do this manually yourself, outsource it, or buy one of the many automation software programs to do it for you.

To get trackbacks, scrape your blog posts as you normally would and instead of choosing the comment option, you choose trackback and load in a text file of trackback excerpts you want to be shown on the blogs and load in the scraped list of blogs to post. Pretty simple stuff, eh? Wink

Right now I'm scraping Squidoo tag pages using the footprint siteConfusedquidoo.com inurl:"/tags/"

Reason for this is I'm going to use the high PR tags for my new squidoo articles and that will list my article on high PR pages already indexed in Google. This will not only get the lens indexed quicker, it will also get some substantial traffic.

Hope this helps!

ZC

RE: Custom Search Footprints - ves - 06-03-2010

Hi ZeroCool,
Sorry about the delay in my response - lost internet connection yesterday. Angry

Thanks for your detailed reply - your process sounds very creative and I'll try to use the general idea to apply to my circumstances. Idea

Beware - I may return with questions !! Haha

Have a great day

Val