ScrapeBox Forum
Multithreading - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: Multithreading (/Thread-multithreading)

Multithreading - ashy - 11-13-2010

Hey guys. I've got such an issue: the more threads I use in any of the addons/features of SB the more fail rate I get. I already increased the maximum number of connections in windows to 250, and for example today I've used alive checker addon on a list of 100% alive url's with 100 threads. In result it said that there are 105 alive out of 677 checked, which is totally not true. Yesterday I used 10 threads and the fail rate was drastically less, around 2-3%, but it took literally ages to check the whole list. So the question is: it there anything that can be done to fix it? PC's cpu and memory aren't getting used for 100% so its not about hardware, and the internet connection is stable and fast, so this shouldn't be the issue as well. Thanks in advance for helping me out.

RE: Multithreading - s4nt0s - 11-13-2010

What are you using for proxies? 90% of error's people run into with Scrapebox are usually from shared proxies going dead or having timeout/server errors.

RE: Multithreading - ashy - 11-15-2010

First of all I use exclusive proxies, which do not produce any errors whatsoever. Point two is that I believe that proxies aren't used in Alive Checker addon, due to no sense in using them, its just a ping being made to the page to check for 404 or other errors.

RE: Multithreading - s4nt0s - 11-15-2010

Hmm it seems like there is a bottle neck somewhere when increasing your max connections. Are you using a router? Maybe you could try bypassing the router and plug the cable straight into your pc and run it that way. I'm really not sure what the problem could be .. If you can't figure it out, shoot scrapebox an email at [email protected]

She's usually pretty quick to respond.

Good luck

RE: Multithreading - ashy - 11-16-2010

Thanks. Gonna try both bypassing the router and throwing an email.

RE: Multithreading - team74 - 11-25-2010

(11-15-2010, 06:57 PM)s4nt0s Wrote: Hmm it seems like there is a bottle neck somewhere when increasing your max connections. Are you using a router? Maybe you could try bypassing the router and plug the cable straight into your pc and run it that way. I'm really not sure what the problem could be .. If you can't figure it out, shoot scrapebox an email at [email protected]

She's usually pretty quick to respond.

Good luck

I'm having the same problem, I moved house but use the the same ISP, and computer, but my post rate has gone from 70% to 0.5%. In fact, my browser can't connect to websites anymore whilst SB is running.

Is it possible that it's the new router they've given us for some reason? I've logged into it, and I can't see any options for max connections.

RE: Multithreading - s4nt0s - 11-25-2010

What operating system are you using? There are ways to remove tcpip limitations on your operating system. For XP there is free software that will do it for you but for Vista it's a real hassle and not worth it. If you're using XP, that might have something to do with it.