ScrapeBox Forum
How do you find blogs with some post already and still open comment form? - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: How do you find blogs with some post already and still open comment form? (/Thread-how-do-you-find-blogs-with-some-post-already-and-still-open-comment-form)

Pages: 1 2

How do you find blogs with some post already and still open comment form? - Gnikf - 01-06-2011

Do you comment to blog posts that are not just published, but don't have any comments yet?
From my experience, most of them never get approved. And i'm talking good manual and on topic comments here. There is so much spam, that most of the blog owner doesn't seem to be even checking their comments queue. What's your success rate with that?

Which leads to the next question, what's your method of discovering on topic blogs that actually have some comments already and still open comment form?

RE: How do you find blogs with some post already and still open comment form? - seogawd - 01-06-2011

You are talking about using scrapebox for this purpose right?

[Image: reputation.png]

RE: How do you find blogs with some post already and still open comment form? - Gnikf - 01-06-2011

I need a tutorial showing how to find high PR, dofoll0w blogs, that actually review and approve the good comments.
Usually that would be blog that has some comments already approved, that would mean that the owner actually reviews them.

So, while sorting by PR and do/nofoll0w is easy with scrapebox and it's addons. I still haven't figured out how to sort out the blogs that have open comment form but never really review their queue.

If there was a way to just filter out the blogs with open comment form, but 0 comments, that would do it for most i guess.

What's your ideas about this?

RE: How do you find blogs with some post already and still open comment form? - seogawd - 01-07-2011

well, you can do a big harvest, then (add on) analyze, filter out bad, then (add on) check do follow, filter out no-follow, then check pr and sort

then I would say you would want to do a manual submission starting at the top and check them out for yourself, let sbox fill in your url/name and change the comment to match up to the post or page content that you are commenting on.

shouldn't be a big list as you filtered out all the no-follow so you will have 1%-2% of your initial harvest at best

RE: How do you find blogs with some post already and still open comment form? - Gnikf - 01-07-2011

(01-07-2011, 01:46 AM)seogawd Wrote: well, you can do a big harvest, then (add on) analyze, filter out bad, then (add on) check do follow, filter out no-follow, then check pr and sort

then I would say you would want to do a manual submission starting at the top and check them out for yourself, let sbox fill in your url/name and change the comment to match up to the post or page content that you are commenting on.

shouldn't be a big list as you filtered out all the no-follow so you will have 1%-2% of your initial harvest at best

Yes, that's what i was doing, but found that most don't have any comments and most never approve.

So wanted to add this extra step of sorting to remove the non-comments one, cause the manual checking 1 by 1 is the slowest part of all

RE: How do you find blogs with some post already and still open comment form? - seogawd - 01-08-2011

yeah it is...

look at it this way. I personally have about 30 something wordpress blogs that are really just sites on a wp platform, I dont do comments, I dont approve. I have a few that I do approve comments on but never auto approve and only one do I have the do-follow plugin installed.

wp is default no-follow / you have to install the do-follow plugin to have do-follow comment links

most people don't have it, it's not downloaded that much.

RE: How do you find blogs with some post already and still open comment form? - Gnikf - 01-08-2011

you are saying that the high PR, dofollow WP blogs will be so few, that manually going through them, won't be big problem? Agreed. Smile

But what about the other platforms? (to make it even worse the dofollow check addon seems to only work with WP?)

RE: How do you find blogs with some post already and still open comment form? - seogawd - 01-08-2011

because blog engine and movable type are no-follow and there are not extensions or plugins for them to be do-follow

RE: How do you find blogs with some post already and still open comment form? - Gnikf - 01-09-2011

isn't blogengine dofollow by default?

RE: How do you find blogs with some post already and still open comment form? - seogawd - 01-09-2011

(01-09-2011, 12:29 AM)Gnikf Wrote: isn't blogengine dofollow by default?

nope, a lot of people think so though, not sure why. Here is a screenshot of a blog engine comment with link inspection. Blogengine does not have an extension (plugin) to make comment links do-follow

[Image: blogengss.png]