ScrapeBox Forum
know which domains are not active - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: know which domains are not active (/Thread-know-which-domains-are-not-active)

know which domains are not active - danisuite - 11-12-2021

I use the alive checker to detect from a list of domains which domains are not active and then use them as expired domains.

But I must be doing something wrong because the domains that scrapebox tells me are not active then I run them through a domain registrar website and it turns out that they are active.

Or vice versa domains that scrapebox tell me that if they are active I go through a web to check them and it appears that they are not active.

What can I be doing wrong? What is the best configuration for a list of domains scrapebox tell me that domains are no longer operational to buy them?

Thank you very much.

RE: know which domains are not active - loopline - 11-12-2021

Well the alive checker is checking if there is a hosting response, like a HEAD or GET response, but that doesn't necessarily determine if the domain is available or not.

domain could be registered but not hosted

domain could be available but registrar has parked the domain as premium or some other reason and thus it returns a response

ideally you would use the expired domain finder plugin or expired domain finder preview plugin for even higher accuracy

Although a lesser option is under the grab/check (upper right hand quadrant of the main scrapebox window) there is check unregistered domains. If you have your list of domains already this will work fine, for the most part, although it uses WHOIS and the expired domain finder preview can use WHOIS and RDAP for higher accuracy because WHOIS is not always a accurate option. however this is still better then alive checker.

RE: know which domains are not active - danisuite - 11-19-2021

(11-12-2021, 10:48 PM)loopline Wrote: Well the alive checker is checking if there is a hosting response, like a HEAD or GET response, but that doesn't necessarily determine if the domain is available or not. 

domain could be registered but not hosted

domain could be available but registrar has parked the domain as premium or some other reason and thus it returns a response

ideally you would use the expired domain finder plugin or expired domain finder preview plugin for even higher accuracy

Although a lesser option is under the grab/check (upper right hand quadrant of the main scrapebox window) there is check unregistered domains.  If you have your list of domains already this will work fine, for the most part, although it uses WHOIS and the expired domain finder preview can use WHOIS and RDAP for higher accuracy because WHOIS is not always a accurate option.  however this is still better then alive checker.

Thank you very much for your answer and for your time, I'm sorry because I don't know much about RDAP, where can I activate or configure it.

RE: know which domains are not active - loopline - 11-19-2021

You don't need to activate anything, if you are using the expired domain finder preview it will automatically use WHOIS and RDAP as needed.