ScrapeBox Forum
Errors with "alive check" and "page authority check" - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: Errors with "alive check" and "page authority check" (/Thread-errors-with-alive-check-and-page-authority-check)

Pages: 1 2

Errors with "alive check" and "page authority check" - jamesmel - 12-05-2021

Im running Scrapebox 2.1.027 (latest as of time of writing) on a W10 PC with a 64 bit CPU. 

When i try and open the following add ons, they have errors : 

Scrapebox Alive Check
Wont open, as soon as i click on it, the cursor, spins for a second, but nothing happens, ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to now avail.

Scrapebox Page Authority 64 Bit
Opens ok, but as soon as i load the moz account and key, and hit start the add on crashes. Ive tested with only 1 moz account and 1 URL and i still get this error.

Any ideas why this is happening and what can be done to resolve it ?

RE: Errors with "alive check" and "page authority check" - loopline - 12-08-2021

Does an error box popup at any point?

If not then the crashes are happening outside of the scrapebox code, which is what I suspect. Which means something outside of scrapebox is acting upon scrapebox to prevent the alive addon from loading and to close the moz addon.

Generally this is security software. Please whitelist scrapebox and the entire scrapebox folder in all security software such as anti-virus, malware checkers and firewalls. Some security software calls this whitelisting, others call it exclusions or trusted programs. Also you can whitelist in your router if your router supports it. Further you can try disabling real time scanning in your security software.

Take note that disabling security software (such as anti-virus, malware checkers and firewalls) often only stops new rules form forming, but allows existing rules to still fire. So you have to fully whitelist in the security software or uninstall the security software(as a test).

Further some security software requires you to whitelist in more then one place before it takes effect.

Also note that disabling a router firewall, does actually fully disable it.

RE: Errors with "alive check" and "page authority check" - Michael - 12-30-2021

I've got the same issue with the page authority addon.

RE: Errors with "alive check" and "page authority check" - Michael - 12-30-2021

Here's my Win Error Log details.

- <EventData>
<Data>1350025153770412345</Data>
<Data>4</Data>
<Data>APPCRASH</Data>
<Data>Not available</Data>
<Data>0</Data>
<Data>sbmalwarefilter.addon.exe</Data>
<Data>2.2.3.0</Data>
<Data>5b6febfe</Data>
<Data>libeay32.dll</Data>
<Data>1.0.2.3</Data>
<Data>557b2a32</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>000000000000ca23</Data>
<Data />
<Data />
<Data>\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4188.tmp.mdmp \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4206.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER42A3.tmp.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER42D0.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER4300.tmp.txt</Data>
<Data>\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_sbmalwarefilter._81f8d94df6ba9a87085a99f911170ea154e2895_90504729_173fdb47-d2fa-4047-8960-c4b18542fd4e</Data>
<Data />
<Data>0</Data>
<Data>ef86028e-7323-48d2-9b21-373d7f82adb2</Data>
<Data>268435456</Data>
<Data>e54385faa22e9a2752bc40b98053d939</Data>
<Data>0</Data>
</EventData>

RE: Errors with "alive check" and "page authority check" - loopline - 01-01-2022

IF its a widows crash, its happening outside the scrapebox code. If it happens inside the code then scrapebox error handler will catch it.

but when it happens outside the scrapebox code, you have to figure out what is acting upon scrapebox and causing the crash.

Id start with security software, by adding an exception to the entire scrapebox folder in all security software.

RE: Errors with "alive check" and "page authority check" - jamesmel - 01-02-2022

Ive added scrapebox as an exception in my anti virus software (Sophos), but the issue still occurs.

Is there a log file i can view in scrapbox, so we can dig into the issue a bit more ?

RE: Errors with "alive check" and "page authority check" - loopline - 01-03-2022

On the alive checker there is no log as its happening outside the scrapebox code.

On the moz addon, if it is happening inside the code then go to the scrapebox \ addons \ page authority addon folder

In there there should be a bugreport.txt file. If you can attach it here, or upload it and provide a link, I can have a look.

Or PM me a link or attachment

Lastly as a test you could try restarting your machine in safe mode with networking and give it a go, because 3rd party software doesn't even launch. so if it works, you know its just software on your machine and its process of elimination.

RE: Errors with "alive check" and "page authority check" - jamesmel - 02-03-2022

(01-03-2022, 10:52 PM)loopline Wrote: On the alive checker there is no log as its happening outside the scrapebox code.

On the moz addon, if it is happening inside the code then go to the scrapebox \ addons \ page authority addon folder

In there there should be a bugreport.txt file. If you can attach it here, or upload it and provide a link, I can have a look. 

Or PM me a link or attachment

Lastly as a test you could try restarting your machine in safe mode with networking and give it a go, because 3rd party software doesn't even launch.  so if it works, you know its just software on your machine and its process of elimination.

Please see link to screenshot here of the contents of the page authority addon folder , i cant see a bug report file. Any ideas ?

Screenshot : https://imgur.com/a/GcQilhF

RE: Errors with "alive check" and "page authority check" - loopline - 02-04-2022

If there is no bug report that just means it happened outside the scrapebox code and thus nothing scrapebox its self can control. So could be security software or other 3rd party software interfering.

RE: Errors with "alive check" and "page authority check" - jamesmel - 02-15-2022

(02-04-2022, 05:19 AM)loopline Wrote: If there is no bug report that just means it happened outside the scrapebox code and thus nothing scrapebox its self can control.  So could be security software or other 3rd party software interfering.

One additional thing i thought of trying was to view the crash in W10's Control Panel > Security and Maintenance > Maintenance > Reliability History

Which outputted this (see screenshot) https://imgur.com/7RhUDUs

Does that help at all ?