ScrapeBox Forum
Blocked IP Help! - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: Blocked IP Help! (/Thread-blocked-ip-help)

Pages: 1 2

Blocked IP Help! - mattylad - 01-16-2014

Hi Guys

I have only had SB for 3 days, so been running different harvests to get used to it. I have 5 private proxies which are now dead (i was harvesting with these, but now understand that I shouldnt have), and havent done any posting on it just yet.

Problem I face now, is SB wont harvest ANY urls from Google at all, I couldnt understand why until I unticked multi thread searcher, so I showed me step by step what was happened - and all of the google threads shows the 302 error - blocked IP.

I have since harvested 'google ready' proxies from SB harvester, but still keep on getting zero results from google and the same error message.

I am really stuck as to what I can do here? How can I get around this if my IP is blocked? Is it banned for life?

**** banned not blocked

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks
Matt

RE: Blocked IP Help! - loopline - 01-17-2014

(01-16-2014, 11:16 PM)mattylad Wrote: Hi Guys

I have only had SB for 3 days, so been running different harvests to get used to it. I have 5 private proxies which are now dead (i was harvesting with these, but now understand that I shouldnt have), and havent done any posting on it just yet.

Problem I face now, is SB wont harvest ANY urls from Google at all, I couldnt understand why until I unticked multi thread searcher, so I showed me step by step what was happened - and all of the google threads shows the 302 error - blocked IP.

I have since harvested 'google ready' proxies from SB harvester, but still keep on getting zero results from google and the same error message.

I am really stuck as to what I can do here? How can I get around this if my IP is blocked? Is it banned for life?

**** banned not blocked

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks
Matt

You can definitely harvest with private proxies, I Only use private proxies to harvest. You just have to do it right, with only 5 proxies you are going to need to untick the multi threaded harvester and the custom harvester and then turn on a delay, probably 5 seconds or maybe 10 seconds. Try and see.

Your IPs are not blocked forever, typically 24-48 hours and they are unblocked. If you were to add 5 more proxies, so 10 total, you could set it to 1 connection and not use a delay. Assuming your doing basic keyword harvesting, you would need 15 proxies with 1 connection for doing advanced operators.

The issue with your harvested proxies are there are tons of other people using the same proxies at the same time, therefor while your testing, they are getting the proxies blocked. Using the included sources are quite difficult to harvest google.

Also note that even with banned proxies, you can still post, you just can't scrape google. Also don't forget there are over 20 search engines scrapebox can scrape from with the custom harvester.

That said, here is a video on how to safely harvest google with private proxies:

RE: Blocked IP Help! - mattylad - 01-17-2014

magic mate - thanks a lot!

One other thing.... in the setting, when I load up the box to change the number of connections, all 3 google, bing and yahoo are all greyed out! Any ideas as to why? all set to 3 each... cant move!

RE: Blocked IP Help! - mattylad - 01-17-2014

hi there, i have followed the above, and tested for a few seconds earlier to find scrapebox was scraping from google again, so i did keyword and footprint research, connections on 1, 10 proxies, delay at 8 seconds, and still getting IP block error....

Any ideas?!!! Desperate to harvest!

RE: Blocked IP Help! - loopline - 01-18-2014

(01-17-2014, 04:57 PM)mattylad Wrote: magic mate - thanks a lot!

One other thing.... in the setting, when I load up the box to change the number of connections, all 3 google, bing and yahoo are all greyed out! Any ideas as to why? all set to 3 each... cant move!

Thats because you have the multi and custom harvesters unticked, meaning your using the single threaded harvester. The single threaded harvester can only run 1 thread so no need to have the sliders work as you can't turn up the thread on the single threaded harvester. Plus it would negate the point of the delay.

(01-17-2014, 08:44 PM)mattylad Wrote: hi there, i have followed the above, and tested for a few seconds earlier to find scrapebox was scraping from google again, so i did keyword and footprint research, connections on 1, 10 proxies, delay at 8 seconds, and still getting IP block error....

Any ideas?!!! Desperate to harvest!

Add a higher delay. Set it to RND and then under settings you can set the RND delay range, I would do a random delay starting at 10 seconds and max at 30 and see how that goes.

You may need to go higher then 10 second minimum. The more advanced operators you use, the more aggressive google will be with the bans. You will have to either find a way to make a footprint with less or no advanced operators or make the delay higher and higher until you find the sweet spot.

There is no point and click answer, as google has all sorts of different ban levels.

RE: Blocked IP Help! - mattylad - 01-18-2014

Thanks loop line!!

One final thing...you mention the delay, then the RND... I've reset the RND to min 10 secs and max 30 secs, is there another delay apart from this ? Sorry if I'm being really dumb, dyslexia is a killer!!

RE: Blocked IP Help! - Thastion - 01-18-2014

In my own opinion, it is not a good idea to scrape using private proxies, i recommend using public proxies instead. You can buy thousands for a very cheap price.

RE: Blocked IP Help! - loopline - 01-19-2014

(01-18-2014, 06:46 AM)mattylad Wrote: Thanks loop line!!

One final thing...you mention the delay, then the RND... I've reset the RND to min 10 secs and max 30 secs, is there another delay apart from this ? Sorry if I'm being really dumb, dyslexia is a killer!!

Nope, that it is the delay I was talking about.

(01-18-2014, 02:51 PM)Thastion Wrote: In my own opinion, it is not a good idea to scrape using private proxies, i recommend using public proxies instead. You can buy thousands for a very cheap price.

Your welcome to your opinion, thats the value of free speech. However in my opinion your idea is a terrible one.

I Only recommend scraping with private proxies. I purchased a list to proxygos proxy service, and he provides port scanned public proxies, which are the best. I purchased a lifetime license, so I can get his lists free every single day and they are the best out there. I don't even use them, I mean I do, maybe once every 6 months when I just have everything maxed and want to do more scraping, but its rare, although if I was using public proxies those are the ones Id use for sure.

I can scrape over 100 million urls in a weeks time with 38 private proxies. Also I have let my private proxies go over 10 days straight of scraping 24/7 and I never get them banned.

Private proxies are super fast, public are slow. Private proxies are yours and you don't have to constantly test them and update them like public proxies.

You can literally spend more time hassling with public proxies in a day then you actually spend time scraping. Private proxies are set and forget and always work.

If your going to spend money anyway, just buy private ones and dont' waste your money on public. Plus google displays different results sets and PR data for different IPs around the world. So if you go using public proxies you can get PR thats not accurate for the region your trying to rank in, plus you can get results that aren't relevant for the region your trying to rank in.

I could go on, but the only reason to use public proxies is if your getting them free and have no budget and have plenty of time to kill. Else if your already spending the money, and you don't want to waste the time hassling with public proxies and you can scrape endlessly without getting blocked, then the question is, why would you not use private proxies?

The KEY is to do it RIGHT so you can scrape endlessly without getting blocked. I explain exactly how to do it safely in the video above.

My 2 cents.

RE: Blocked IP Help! - Thastion - 01-25-2014

(01-19-2014, 02:08 AM)loopline Wrote:

(01-18-2014, 02:51 PM)Thastion Wrote: In my own opinion, it is not a good idea to scrape using private proxies, i recommend using public proxies instead. You can buy thousands for a very cheap price.

Your welcome to your opinion, thats the value of free speech. However in my opinion your idea is a terrible one.

I Only recommend scraping with private proxies. I purchased a list to proxygos proxy service, and he provides port scanned public proxies, which are the best. I purchased a lifetime license, so I can get his lists free every single day and they are the best out there. I don't even use them, I mean I do, maybe once every 6 months when I just have everything maxed and want to do more scraping, but its rare, although if I was using public proxies those are the ones Id use for sure.

I can scrape over 100 million urls in a weeks time with 38 private proxies. Also I have let my private proxies go over 10 days straight of scraping 24/7 and I never get them banned.

Private proxies are super fast, public are slow. Private proxies are yours and you don't have to constantly test them and update them like public proxies.

You can literally spend more time hassling with public proxies in a day then you actually spend time scraping. Private proxies are set and forget and always work.

If your going to spend money anyway, just buy private ones and dont' waste your money on public. Plus google displays different results sets and PR data for different IPs around the world. So if you go using public proxies you can get PR thats not accurate for the region your trying to rank in, plus you can get results that aren't relevant for the region your trying to rank in.

I could go on, but the only reason to use public proxies is if your getting them free and have no budget and have plenty of time to kill. Else if your already spending the money, and you don't want to waste the time hassling with public proxies and you can scrape endlessly without getting blocked, then the question is, why would you not use private proxies?

The KEY is to do it RIGHT so you can scrape endlessly without getting blocked. I explain exactly how to do it safely in the video above.

My 2 cents.

Thanks for your reply. I'm confused, you said you purchased public proxies from proxygos and you also said you only recommend private proxies. Are port scanned public proxies similar to private proxies? Sorry, I am not so familiar with proxies. I have tried subscribing to private proxies before but sadly my proxies got banned and had to renew them, that's why I said it's better to use public proxies for scraping since you get fresh list every day. I am only talking based on my experience.

RE: Blocked IP Help! - loopline - 01-26-2014

(01-25-2014, 04:16 PM)Thastion Wrote:
(01-19-2014, 02:08 AM)loopline Wrote:

My 2 cents.

Thanks for your reply. I'm confused, you said you purchased public proxies from proxygos and you also said you only recommend private proxies. Are port scanned public proxies similar to private proxies? Sorry, I am not so familiar with proxies. I have tried subscribing to private proxies before but sadly my proxies got banned and had to renew them, that's why I said it's better to use public proxies for scraping since you get fresh list every day. I am only talking based on my experience.

I meant that I purchased the public proxy service from proxy go, but I never use it. So I have it for life, every day and I don't even use it.

I choose to use private proxies instead, because they still require less work and get me more results faster.

If you go slow enough, meaning turn the connections down and/or use a delay, then you won't get blocked with private proxies and you can scrape to your hearts content.

I can scrape well over 100,000,000 urls in one week using private proxies.