ScrapeBox Forum
Automator - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous Topics (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-miscellaneous-topics)
+--- Forum: Feedback (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-feedback)
+--- Thread: Automator (/Thread-automator)

Automator - bradmca - 06-22-2014

Where would I ask for a couple of things to change to make this actually usable... as it exists I hate the thing.

1) When I click abort current step - I'd like it to not just continue on, how about actually stop

2) Proxy scraping, can we have a step for filtering out proxies associated with a selection of countries

3) What settings for timeout are taken by the automator proxy checker?, the current ones in manual mode?

4) When I click cancel everything in an automator run can it at least keep as far as it got and dump to a file rather than just dropping everything I got bored waiting for?

5) The window focus, I may be mad - but I actually use my server for more than just having my latest failed attempt at getting anything out of SB in 2014, why do I need to have a box in the middle of the screen telling me that SB is hogging 60% of my server resources just to ping some proxies (at a rate yo-yoing between 5 and 70 threads when I selected 200 in the options!)

I really should have invested in gScraper rather than buy more SB stuff..

RE: Automator - loopline - 06-23-2014

(06-22-2014, 10:10 PM)bradmca Wrote: Where would I ask for a couple of things to change to make this actually usable... as it exists I hate the thing.

1) When I click abort current step - I'd like it to not just continue on, how about actually stop

2) Proxy scraping, can we have a step for filtering out proxies associated with a selection of countries

3) What settings for timeout are taken by the automator proxy checker?, the current ones in manual mode?

4) When I click cancel everything in an automator run can it at least keep as far as it got and dump to a file rather than just dropping everything I got bored waiting for?

5) The window focus, I may be mad - but I actually use my server for more than just having my latest failed attempt at getting anything out of SB in 2014, why do I need to have a box in the middle of the screen telling me that SB is hogging 60% of my server resources just to ping some proxies (at a rate yo-yoing between 5 and 70 threads when I selected 200 in the options!)

I really should have invested in gScraper rather than buy more SB stuff..

Well this forum is private owned and operated, so you would want to contact support directly with suggestions.

http://www.scrapebox.com/contact-us

When you click abort, it still has to wait for windows to close out threads, it can't just "Stop". Contrary to popular belief things are tied together and when it asks windows to stop its threads, it can take some time for windows to do this. That is assuming some pc optimzation software, security software, or other software isn't interferring and locking the threads, in which case it will hang forever.

Just because you ask windows to do something doesn't mean it actually will.

You can ask support about an option to filter by country.

Timeout setings are taken from the proxy manager in manual mode. The automator is NOT a separate instance of scrapebox, it is just a script that tells the manual version what to do next. So its just like if you were there doing it. It uses "manual" mode exclusively, it just moves from one job to the next automatically.

Anything that is written to a file in real time, like some addons, scraping etc... will all be in its respective files. Anything like posting etc.. that isn't written to the hard drive in real time, that won't be available. If you abort the automator on whatever its one, its just like if you abort it when your doing it manually. Anything that has been saved up to that point or written to your hard drive in real time is there, anything else is lost.

Just move the window all the way to the right side of the screen. I have many automator windows running at once and I just push them all to the right side of the screen. Plus I believe that they don't require to be on top, only on top of that Sbox instance, so you can put other windows on top of them.

Your proxy checking is going at those rates because of your system resources/dns/connection/bandwidth etc.. Scrapebox as a software is capable of creating and managing 200 simultaneous connections, however that does not mean that your setup can handle that much. If its taking 60% of your resources to do 5 to 70 threads then your system can't handle 200 threads. I mean take the optimal and say it takes 60% of your resources to do 70 threads, at 140 threads it would be taking 120% of your resources, which of course is not possible. So the short answer to that question is, your machine/connection/setup is not adequate enough to handle 200 threads and you should lower that number anyway.

Good luck with Gscraper, its not 1/10th of the program scrapebox is, and from what I hear their support is next to non-existent. Ive used Scrapebox for 5 years now and there support responds to me, without fail, withing 24 hours, 365 days a year, for 5 years straight. The value of support alone exceeds the price of the program, let alone the fact that the software value is worth at least $300.

I understand it could seem like scrapebox IS the problem, but its not, its merely bringing the problem to light, such as your system not being able to handle what you are asking scrapebox to make it do etc...

Anyway, I will pass your suggestion along to support about the filtering by country, but the rest is just issues centered around your machine.

Cheers!

RE: Automator - loopline - 06-25-2014

Scrapebox added the option to filter countries in the automator in the next version.