ScrapeBox Forum
75k backlinks still PR0? why is that? - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: 75k backlinks still PR0? why is that? (/Thread-75k-backlinks-still-pr0-why-is-that)

Pages: 1 2

75k backlinks still PR0? why is that? - bulkwarrior - 02-27-2011

Hi I've been started using scrapebox mid jan 2011. It's been a month and a half and I've had over 75k of back links to my main site as indicated by google's webmaster tools. However my main site is still a pathetic PR0, and the search traffic barely seen an increase. This domain is over 3 years old so the age shouldn't be a factor here. Anyone has any idea why isn't the PR increased to at least 1? I've looked at my competitors and the PR3 site that ranked #1 at google don't even have 1000 backlinks(of course, they might have bought some quality high PR links). I don't have that much money to buy PR6, 7, 8 links. But won't 75k of links get me to at least PR1?

From what I heard, google updates PR constantly now.

Any inputs?

RE: 75k backlinks still PR0? why is that? - s4nt0s - 02-28-2011

The problem is you probably have a ton of really low PR completely irrelevant links. Scrapebox is only 1 tool that should just be a piece of your total SEO strategy. It doesn't matter if you have 10,000 pr0-pr1 links ... your competitor with 20-30 pr4-pr7 links that are relevant to their website will outshine you every time.

How is your website ranking right now? From what I've read in the past, a pr0 is almost like a "penalty" from Google meaning most of the links you've received hold no real value. You can read about it in plenty of places but here's a brief artilce: http://pr.efactory.de/e-pr0.shtml

If I were you, I would stop blog commenting for now and mix it up with some other high value links such as high PR forum profile links, relevant articles on web 2.0 properties, submitting articles to different directories, book marking, etc. You don't have to spend a ton of money doing this either, you can outsource a lot of the work for $10-15. A cheap place I like to use is http://www.easy-outsource.com. These workers are from the Philippines so our dollar is worth a lot more then theirs which allows us to pay a lot less than outsourcing to anyone in the U.S. Just make sure before you hire that you have a good interview and make sure they are a qualified and experienced candidate for the position you're hiring for.

Like I said, start to try and mix it up a bit. Scrapebox is useful for so much more then just blog commenting. Try and scrape for some forums that are relevant to your niche and hire an outsourcer to look for places to drop your links.

There is a lot of high value work you can get done for cheap you just have to be resourceful. Let me know if you need any help.

Good luck

RE: 75k backlinks still PR0? why is that? - seogawd - 03-01-2011

well, as long as your getting your anchors right, don't worry much about pr - I have pr5's and 6's that don't rank well at all, I also have a bunch of 1' and 2's that outrank 5's and 6's in high target markets.

look at pr like custom wheels on a car - they don't make it run better or faster, and neither does pr make your rankings better.

anyway, like santos said, sbox is only 1 tool and some of its best features aint even commenting stuff. Spend a month learning it and finding where it best fits your needs in your seo game.

RE: 75k backlinks still PR0? why is that? - Refresh - 03-01-2011

Also don't forget to diversify your link building campaign, i reccomend this because if you hit first page for a competitive word google will check your site manually and if they spot you using only comments an xrumer for your link building you will get flagged in no time. I would say enaiugh with the blog comments, buy some linkwheels or some link push service which is whitehat. Then you can blast those properties with commments.

RE: 75k backlinks still PR0? why is that? - sknight - 03-02-2011

Don't sweat PR. PR really means nothing. Keyword ranking with in anchor text is what counts. Scrapebox works VERY well for that! You can go to #1 in 3 days on just about any long tailed keyword (more than 2 keywords). I just tried a test myself and in 3 days I went from a unlisted site to #1 on google for 2, 2 worded keywords, #1 with 140K results and the other #1 with 203K results. The main keyword for this niche, I am on page 2 (serp #12) of 1.7 million results. I hope it will go to page 1 tomorrow.

RE: 75k backlinks still PR0? why is that? - s4nt0s - 03-02-2011

(03-02-2011, 12:27 PM)sknight Wrote: Don't sweat PR. PR really means nothing. Keyword ranking with in anchor text is what counts. Scrapebox works VERY well for that! You can go to #1 in 3 days on just about any long tailed keyword (more than 2 keywords). I just tried a test myself and in 3 days I went from a unlisted site to #1 on google for 2, 2 worded keywords, #1 with 140K results and the other #1 with 203K results. The main keyword for this niche, I am on page 2 (serp #12) of 1.7 million results. I hope it will go to page 1 tomorrow.

No offense but I would take this advice with a grain of salt. To say that you can get #1 in 3 days with almost any long tail keyword is very far fetched and unrealistic. Try doing that with a keywords like, "lose weight fast" or "best acai berry" etc. it's just not gonna happen.

Scrapebox and SEO noobies, make sure and do your research before taking anyone's advice. (including mine)

I can already see people coming back here pissed off because they tried blasting 1,000,000 links on their new site thinking it would rank top 10 and it ended up getting penalized.

Again, no offense to the poster ... just looking out for the members.

RE: 75k backlinks still PR0? why is that? - seogawd - 03-03-2011

I am on both sides of that fence Santos built up there...

on 1 side: I think, "if you can get smoked by google for a wad of bl's like is proposed above - would it be better to use sbox to snipe your competitors and build your own by hand?"

on the other side: I think "If it's true, its a God awful quandary of algorithmic proportions"

Now far be it for me to pick @ Santos's post, cause he's a pretty smart fugger IMHO - but let's all just really think about this "back" , "link" . "continuum" paradox that might or might not be happening.

if someone wants to start a new thread about this I would be happy to participate.

RE: 75k backlinks still PR0? why is that? - s4nt0s - 03-03-2011

Haha I'm definitely not trying to start any kind of SEO debate because in my experience that usually leads nowhere. I'm simply telling people to be careful and do their research before blasting out thousands of links on their brand new site. By brand new site I mean brand new domain with no PR and no age. In my opinion that would be a bad starting move (just my opinion). I've had the unfortunate pain in the butt of having to get a few websites out of Google's "sandbox" which is really just a penalty all because of crappy decisions I made in the beginning.

I've also ranked a few websites top 10 and sold them in auctions. (I'm not a complete noob)

https://flippa.com/auctions/108823/35-120-per-Month-000-Hours-Work-18-Month-Old-PR2-1-No-Reserve-FAST-SALE
https://flippa.com/auctions/106680/40-85-per-Month-Ranked-4-14-Months-Old-PR2-1-No-Reserve
https://flippa.com/auctions/107875/Ranked-1-Pr1-10-Months-Old-Unique-Content-0-00-Hours-Work-1-No-Reserve

Those still hold there rankings today because I didn't use crappy SEO techniques.

Like I said, just be careful folks if you want your sites to rank long term or if you plan on selling them, etc.

s4nt0s over and out

RE: 75k backlinks still PR0? why is that? - jmatthews - 03-03-2011

(02-27-2011, 09:39 PM)bulkwarrior Wrote: Hi I've been started using scrapebox mid jan 2011. It's been a month and a half and I've had over 75k of back links to my main site as indicated by google's webmaster tools. However my main site is still a pathetic PR0, and the search traffic barely seen an increase. This domain is over 3 years old so the age shouldn't be a factor here. Anyone has any idea why isn't the PR increased to at least 1? I've looked at my competitors and the PR3 site that ranked #1 at google don't even have 1000 backlinks(of course, they might have bought some quality high PR links). I don't have that much money to buy PR6, 7, 8 links. But won't 75k of links get me to at least PR1?

From what I heard, google updates PR constantly now.

Any inputs?

75K links in less than two months? I'm surprised google hasn't sandboxed you yet. I would ease off a bit and go for the high PR sites.

RE: 75k backlinks still PR0? why is that? - seogawd - 03-04-2011

I totally agree with your point on not blasting a new site - reason: "what if" - and there are a lot of "what ifs" in the seo game and yeah, you have to be careful and have a plan. Blasting 75k links on any site in 30-90 days is just a sign to any SE that says... "look here - whaddaya think?" its a roll of the dice, and that's NOT a plan.