ScrapeBox Forum
Good Proxies Failing Test - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: Good Proxies Failing Test (/Thread-good-proxies-failing-test)

Good Proxies Failing Test - johnnyhippy - 11-11-2014

After working flawlessly for the better party of 6 mths, my preferred private proxy vendor updated my monthly shared proxies. When testing, the majority timed out, or produced a variety of errors such as 407 and 503. More troubling was the testing seemed to be completely random. Sometimes, and proxy would fail, sometimes it wouldn't. The vendor kept sending me batches of proxies to test, but they all resulted in a majority of timeouts and errors. I even tried dedicated proxies and had the same results.

Does anybody know what's going on?

The proxies are not the problem, because I individually validated each one.

Could it be my internet provider messing things up.

Since 7 out of 10 proxies timeout, I can't get any work done...help!

RE: Good Proxies Failing Test - johnnyhippy - 11-12-2014

Follow Up:

I did the same proxy testing on a different computer, using a different internet service provider and experienced the same results, which eliminates the internet provider as the cause of this problem.

Must be something to do with ScrapeBox, yet I can't understand how it could stop working in regards to testing proxies Sad

RE: Good Proxies Failing Test - loopline - 11-13-2014

If you just use the proxies to do whatever you want to do, do they work?

RE: Good Proxies Failing Test - johnnyhippy - 11-13-2014

(11-13-2014, 12:47 AM)loopline Wrote: If you just use the proxies to do whatever you want to do, do they work?

Yes, they work. For instance, if I use them in my browser I'm able to log into the proxy, and surf. The problem is in the testing, as well as page ranker which cycles through a list of 10 proxies.

I've attached the screen shot. As I've stated before, this has always worked for me in the past without a hitch. I've also tried proxies from another vendor and got similar timeouts and failures.

RE: Good Proxies Failing Test - loopline - 11-13-2014

Well in your screen your getting 302 errors, which is different. That is when google blocks the ip. Those errors are fairly cut and dry, but its only blocked for basic keyword search, for PR checking it has a separate block. So setting it to 1 connection it won't PR check?

What version of Scrapebox are you using? 1.16.4? If not try 1.16.4 as in prior versions the proxy check was hard coded to a server that is no longer active. Meaning there are 4 proxy testing servers that Scrapebox maintains, but they changed 1 of them due to whatever reasons, so the old versions were still pointing to 1 of the old servers so 1 in 4 requests could randomly timeout etc...

RE: Good Proxies Failing Test - johnnyhippy - 11-13-2014

Hi Loopline, Thanks for suggestions, as I will do the upgrade. The screen shot was the most recent attempt with a new proxy vendor, and it did produce different results from my original tests. I was wondering if you could tell me why Google would block, what seems like, every other attempt to test, and if there's anything I can do to avoid that from happening in the future?

UPDATE: Good Proxies Failing Test - johnnyhippy - 11-14-2014

(11-13-2014, 04:28 PM)loopline Wrote: Well in your screen your getting 302 errors, which is different. That is when google blocks the ip. Those errors are fairly cut and dry, but its only blocked for basic keyword search, for PR checking it has a separate block. So setting it to 1 connection it won't PR check?

What version of Scrapebox are you using? 1.16.4? If not try 1.16.4 as in prior versions the proxy check was hard coded to a server that is no longer active. Meaning there are 4 proxy testing servers that Scrapebox maintains, but they changed 1 of them due to whatever reasons, so the old versions were still pointing to 1 of the old servers so 1 in 4 requests could randomly timeout etc...

I did the update, but that had no affect.

Fortunately, the 2nd Proxy Vender sent a new batch and they all worked, passing anoym, and google testing. The difference being they removed all proxies originating from the Northeast, and provided proxies solely in the West. Can't understand why it's suddenly working again, other than this geographical change in location.

RE: Good Proxies Failing Test - loopline - 11-14-2014

Well google funny about their data centers, maybe they just didn't like those ip ranges or they have been perma banned etc... I mean its hard to say, but if its working then thats great!