ScrapeBox Forum
Time To Check Links - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: Time To Check Links (/Thread-time-to-check-links)

Pages: 1 2

Time To Check Links - KParker - 04-29-2011

After checking for auto approved posts how long should we wait before going back to check for our posted comments and links on other blogs . ...a week ?
I suppose the answer is how long is a piece of string !
KP

RE: Time To Check Links - s4nt0s - 04-29-2011

Yea it's really up to you. If you're checking for auto approve blogs, you can go ahead and check right after posting.

RE: Time To Check Links - plantphoto - 04-29-2011

So far I have 61 links out of approx 7,000 successful posts (posted to 12,000 odd blogs so 5,000 failed) which is dissapointing.
I'm using 8 private proxies and good quality current & relevant comments.
I'm Promoting a mix of 8 url's.
I harvested about 25 relevant keywords and then posted to the blogs that where harvested with these keywords..does that sound correct or am I doing this wrong? I was expecting about 10% return on my sucessful posts.
Just wondering why the poor results although maybe I'm checking the links too soon and need to wait a while as mentioned in the above post.
KP

RE: Time To Check Links - s4nt0s - 04-30-2011

What are you using as your footprint? I guarantee you that's the problem.

RE: Time To Check Links - plantphoto - 04-30-2011

I agree . .
I first used the presets supplied for Wordpress etc which only returned about 1200 results with my keywords but I posted to them and got ok results.

Where I have probably gone wrong is that I then decided to harvest my keywords and manged 12,000 sites to post to.I then posted to these with approx 15 odd comments set up.
However for some reason I did not pick any kind of footprint thinking it would not matter !
I thought the footprints where mainly used for finding appropriate sites.Some did post though but very few.I have read 3 PDF's and watched several videos but maybe you can inform me a little.
Cheers KP

RE: Time To Check Links - KParker - 05-11-2011

I'm still having problems with the number of posts sticking.
One of my last efforts I got 61 links out of approx 7,000 successful posts...not good
Out of 2500 sucessful posts yesterday so far only 8 have links and this tends to be the trend for me.
I'm told a sucess rate of 10% should be achievable but I'm far off that.
My comments are well produced and using my keyword in name field as anchor text although not on last posting.
For my latest footprint I selected Wordpress and used "You can leave a response, or trackback" as a custom footprint (should I have selected custom footprint?).
So far this is not working for me..any advise?
KP

RE: Time To Check Links - s4nt0s - 05-11-2011

The built in footprint's are not gonna get you very good results.

Try using this as your footprint: “name” AND “*mail” AND “Leave a *” AND “Comment” AND “* Comment” AND "%KW%"

You need to use the "merge" feature to merge your keywords in with the footprint.

IF you don't know how to do that here's a brief description.

1) Take the footprint I just gave you and save it in a .txt file. (make sure and remember where you save it)
2) Load your list of keywords into the harvester keywords box.
3) Click the "M" button next to the custom footprint box and select the text file you just saved with the custom footprint. Open it.
4) Now all your keywords should be merged into the footprint.

NOTE: Make sure that custom footprint is selected and not wordpress or blogengine, etc.

Try this and let me know if you get any better results. If not, then you'll have to tweak the footprint more.

RE: Time To Check Links - KParker - 05-11-2011

Many Thanks I'll try this tomorrow and post some stuff and see what sticks this time then post my results here.
Why would the built in footprint not produce links that stick ? is it too general?
Just interested to get my head around it even after numerous videos and PDF's it still a little unclear in parts.
KP

RE: Time To Check Links - s4nt0s - 05-13-2011

Please read this for the best footprint explanation I've ever seen for Scrapebox footprints. http://crazyflx.com/scrapebox-tips/fantastic-footprints-what-they-really-are-how-to-get-them/

RE: Time To Check Links - KParker - 05-13-2011

Thanks that explains things nicely !