ScrapeBox Forum
Question about custom footprints and keyword box - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: Question about custom footprints and keyword box (/Thread-question-about-custom-footprints-and-keyword-box)

Question about custom footprints and keyword box - webwowster - 04-30-2011

Hi all, this is a probably a bit of a silly newbie quest5ion but i cant find the answer.

I am getting the hang of using custom footprints to scrape forums but i am a little stumped on whether I still need to put keywords in the keyword box aswell. For example, i have custom footprint box checked, enter my footprint in the box, and then am I also meant to enter keywords in the keyword box?

RE: Question about custom footprints and keyword box - orbit - 04-30-2011

If I understand what your asking; Yes. You want to ad keywords when harvesting blogs so that SB know what box to search for. While you might get some blogs without using keywords, I'm sure you'll find you get more using keywords.

RE: Question about custom footprints and keyword box - s4nt0s - 04-30-2011

Your keywords should be part of the footprint. You need to learn how to use the "merge" feature with Scrapebox. (the little m button next to the custom footprint window)

I'm in a hurry right now so I don't have time to write a detailed guide but if you haven't figured it out by the time I get back on Monday, I'll write something up for you.

RE: Question about custom footprints and keyword box - webwowster - 05-01-2011

Thanks guys, I had decided to go ahead and experiment, entered a list of about 100 keywords into the keyword box and a custom footprint and scraped. It automatically went through and searched for "my custom footprint" + "keyword" (each keyword). Came back with a fair few dupe domains but still not a bad list.

I didn't touch the M button though, obviously it will combine whats in the keyword box and custom box without touching the M. I have read a bit about using the M, but it's kind of going over the top of my head at the moment Dodgy

RE: Question about custom footprints and keyword box - Wonderpunk - 05-01-2011

(04-30-2011, 06:03 PM)s4nt0s Wrote: Your keywords should be part of the footprint. You need to learn how to use the "merge" feature with Scrapebox. (the little m button next to the custom footprint window)

I'm in a hurry right now so I don't have time to write a detailed guide but if you haven't figured it out by the time I get back on Monday, I'll write something up for you.

Would love some further instruction - I'm struggling with this too. Got a bit of a grasp, but think I'm way off knowing how to do it properly.

I've been placing something such as 'inurl:register' in the footprints box, then in the keyword box 'intitle:mykeword' (I.e. an actual keyword), and 'intext:"keywordA" OR "keywordB"'.

Can get several url's, but few successful posts.

Any tips are much appreciated.