ScrapeBox Forum
Rank Tracker projects gone after upgrade to ScrapeBox V2 - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: Rank Tracker projects gone after upgrade to ScrapeBox V2 (/Thread-rank-tracker-projects-gone-after-upgrade-to-scrapebox-v2)

Pages: 1 2

Rank Tracker projects gone after upgrade to ScrapeBox V2 - ocelotfella - 07-06-2015

I'm a huge fan of the Rank Tracker premium plugin, and I dare say it has saved me a fortune compared to other rank trackers.

However, I just upgraded to ScrapeBox V2 and now when I check Rank Tracker I have no projects. I have tried importing them as Rank Tracker V1 projects but they don't appear to get imported (despite getting no error messages).

None of my projects appear to be Rank Tracker V2 projects.

When I import a V1 project through the project manager I get a confirmation message that the import is complete but none of the fields are filled in. When I return to the main rank tracker screen I have no projects to select in the drop down box.

I'm really hoping I don't have to rebuild all my projects manually because I've got some nice historical data that I want to use to show clients why they should keep paying me Smile

RE: Rank Tracker projects gone after upgrade to ScrapeBox V2 - loopline - 07-06-2015

You shouldn't need to rebuild all your projects, they import fine for me and keep historical data etc..

Make sure you have write permissions for the scrapebox folder. You may want to try and download an entire fresh copy of Scrapebox and unzip it to a folder that is on your desktop or in your documents folder.

Then try the import. I assume your selecting the project zip files from the 1.x version correct?

You can download scrapebox from here:
http://www.scrapebox.com/payment-received

RE: Rank Tracker projects gone after upgrade to ScrapeBox V2 - ocelotfella - 07-08-2015

Thank you for your reply. Running Scrapebox from the Desktop appears to have resolved the issue.

This does present me with a secondary problem though. I currently run both my scrapebox instances (on my VPS) from inside a Dropbox synchronised folder. This allows me to access the reports from my local machine by accessing the dropbox folder. I can see how this might have been causing a problem.

So what is the best way to run scrapebox on a VPS but access the report files locally?

RE: Rank Tracker projects gone after upgrade to ScrapeBox V2 - loopline - 07-08-2015

Ill think on it, but thats a good question. Possibly just make a batch file that copies the report folders to folders in your dropbox every 10 mins and deletes current ones in dropbox.

RE: Rank Tracker projects gone after upgrade to ScrapeBox V2 - ocelotfella - 07-12-2015

I had entirely forgotten about the existence of batch files, I'll give them a crack.

RE: Rank Tracker projects gone after upgrade to ScrapeBox V2 - loopline - 07-12-2015

Sure, I use stuff like this that runs every X often. Like this copies stuff from local server paths to dropbox every 10 mins. I give a 10 second timeout for the deletion to occur and for dropbox to "breath" and index the deletion and then copy the new files. I also use timeout because I like to see a time counting because that way when I login to the server, I periodically check to make sure its still running and else I would have no way of knowing if its frozen. However while that seems logical I have a bunch of batch and pything scripts running in cmd prompt windows across a dozen servers and not a single one of them have ever failed in nearly a year. But I guess it could happen.

I also find that with constant updating that dropbox sometimes freezes or crashes. Or it will simply say its up to date but its not, its not syncing anything. A restart of the app fixes it, but with loads of servers I don't have time to track it all, and why would I anyway you ask? Well I wouldn't its stupid to not have a pc do something for you when it can. I use a batch file to kill the process every 12 hours and then a python app that monitors the thread and as soon as it gets killed it restarts it. I suppose batch could do that too, but I already knew how to do the python bit so no point in learning that in batch and vice versa.

Code:
cls
:start

del /q "C:\Users\loopline\Dropbox\some-path\*.*"
Timeout 10 /nobreak

copy "C:\some-path\*.*" "C:\Users\loopline\Dropbox\some-path"
Timeout 600 /nobreak

goto start

RE: Rank Tracker projects gone after upgrade to ScrapeBox V2 - ocelotfella - 07-14-2015

Wow, that might be one of the best forum replies I've ever seen!

Thank you so much!

Actually I'm getting another error that makes me wonder if I might just be better off starting again with some projects. I didn't want to start a new thread and clog up the forum!

[Image: ranktrackerscrapeboxerrror.png]

RE: Rank Tracker projects gone after upgrade to ScrapeBox V2 - loopline - 07-14-2015

Glad to be helpful. Smile

So no that project somehow its trying to save a url in the file name. Firstly you should not run Scrapebox or any portable app from the C drive directly. You should run it from a folder that is on the desktop or in the documents folder.

but the "Best Badges V2 project is messed up there. Perhaps there is something in the project name or a keyword that Scrapebox is seeing as a token. Im uncertain, but I will ask support and find out and post back.

RE: Rank Tracker projects gone after upgrade to ScrapeBox V2 - ocelotfella - 07-15-2015

Looking at the error again I'm wondering if the website I'm tracking might be the problem. It's a bit old so includes session data in the URL, I already know this confuses Google so who knows what it could be doing to Rank Tracker!

RE: Rank Tracker projects gone after upgrade to ScrapeBox V2 - loopline - 07-15-2015

Support said that it was due to the name of the project, does it have a .txt in the filename? At any rate they are adding a filter to prevent such things in the next version.

Also you can go in to the Projects folder and rename your project folder to something with letters only, a friendly name. Then open settings.ini and change

[Project]
Name=Test

The name= to the same as you renamed your folder.