ScrapeBox Forum
Proxy Manager Stuck with active threads - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous Topics (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-miscellaneous-topics)
+--- Forum: Feedback (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-feedback)
+--- Thread: Proxy Manager Stuck with active threads (/Thread-proxy-manager-stuck-with-active-threads)

Proxy Manager Stuck with active threads - mikesimms - 12-09-2015

I am having a problem with proxy manager stuck with open threads after testing proxies. Testing has completed but still shows active threads and I can not transfer the working proxies to the proxy list. Hitting stop does not close the threads. I am guessing someone else has seen this problem.
[Image: Screenshot%202015-12-09%2015.16.03.png?dl=0]

RE: Proxy Manager Stuck with active threads - loopline - 12-10-2015

Its related to something locking the threads, which means its something local on your machine/network. It doesn't happen for me and likely no one else either. Anti-virus, malware checkers, firewalls, 3rd party programs and router firewalls are the typical culprits. I think I answered you on Youtube and maybe another forum, so I won't write a bunch here.

But find out what is locking the threads and whitelist Scrapebox or uninstall the offending program and you should be good. You could try bypassing your router as a test, or try a mobile dongle, or friends network etc... Also you could try disabling the router firewall as a test.

RE: Proxy Manager Stuck with active threads - mikesimms - 12-11-2015

(12-10-2015, 07:14 PM)loopline Wrote: Its related to something locking the threads, which means its something local on your machine/network. It doesn't happen for me and likely no one else either. Anti-virus, malware checkers, firewalls, 3rd party programs and router firewalls are the typical culprits. I think I answered you on Youtube and maybe another forum, so I won't write a bunch here.

But find out what is locking the threads and whitelist Scrapebox or uninstall the offending program and you should be good. You could try bypassing your router as a test, or try a mobile dongle, or friends network etc... Also you could try disabling the router firewall as a test.

This is the only running program on a VPS. I do not have access to test many of the options you mention.

You might have answered someone else but not me. First time I have ask for help anywhere with scrapebox. I appreciate the info.

RE: Proxy Manager Stuck with active threads - loopline - 12-11-2015

You can try disabling windows defenders real time protection.

Basically for whatever reason a thread is being locked. It will sit like that forever until you kill the task, most likely.

A dirty work around would be to go into the configuration and use the option to auto save working proxies to file every X seconds, so then you could use the proxies, but that doesn't really solve the issue on the whole.

Does it Always do this or only sometimes?

RE: Proxy Manager Stuck with active threads - mikesimms - 12-14-2015

(12-11-2015, 10:59 PM)loopline Wrote: You can try disabling windows defenders real time protection.

Basically for whatever reason a thread is being locked. It will sit like that forever until you kill the task, most likely.

A dirty work around would be to go into the configuration and use the option to auto save working proxies to file every X seconds, so then you could use the proxies, but that doesn't really solve the issue on the whole.

Does it Always do this or only sometimes?

It happens about 70% of the time. I have implemented the work around and it will get me by until I can figure out the cause.

RE: Proxy Manager Stuck with active threads - loopline - 12-18-2015

Its hard to say. Most often it security software, such as anti-virus, firewall, malware checker etc... But not always, it can be any 3rd party program like skype, utorrent etc...