ScrapeBox Forum
Not getting any results from Addons - Previously worked fine. - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous Topics (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-miscellaneous-topics)
+--- Forum: Feedback (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-feedback)
+--- Thread: Not getting any results from Addons - Previously worked fine. (/Thread-not-getting-any-results-from-addons-previously-worked-fine)

Pages: 1 2

Not getting any results from Addons - Previously worked fine. - RichB409 - 05-02-2016

Hi guys,

I'm not getting any results from backlink checker, page authority checker etc. All return "0" but no error codes.

It's previously always worked fine..

What I've tried;
- Fresh proxies (purchased from buyproxies.org)
- Creating a new MOZ APi (using a VPN and different email address).

With no luck....

Any advice would be much appreciated, I love this tool and want to use it again Sad

Thanks in advance,
Rich

RE: Not getting any results from Addons - Previously worked fine. - loopline - 05-02-2016

Here is a copy and paste from Scrapebox support about it

"Moz have added https://www.incapsula.com to their server which is a firewall and it's blocking legitimate requests from some users. This was done after they lowered their limit from 1 million to just 25,000 lookups. I would suggest emailing them to see if your IP or API key can be whitelisted and not be blocked by their firewall."

RE: Not getting any results from Addons - Previously worked fine. - RichB409 - 05-02-2016

Ok apologies, I've emailed now. Thanks!

RE: Not getting any results from Addons - Previously worked fine. - focussss - 05-03-2016

(05-02-2016, 10:44 PM)RichB409 Wrote: Ok apologies, I've emailed now. Thanks!

Has this been resolved for you?
I'm having the same issue and have emailed MOZ as well.

RE: Not getting any results from Addons - Previously worked fine. - justaperson - 05-03-2016

Same problem here. Did you get a fix/reply from moz?

RE: Not getting any results from Addons - Previously worked fine. - RichB409 - 05-03-2016

Just got a reply from MOZ;

"Your API credentials look all good on my end and I just ran a successful query with them. We do not Whitelist Keys or IPs, sorry. If you are using a 3rd party tool I recommend reaching out to them for support with their tool, or if it is Scrapebox have them reach out to me directly so we can get this fixed for everyone.

Ian
[email protected]

--
Ian from Moz"

So not too sure where to go from here...

RE: Not getting any results from Addons - Previously worked fine. - justaperson - 05-03-2016

I'm pretty sure this is a scrapebox issue. If you go to the Moz github and download an example client that uses the moz api with your moz api credentials, it will work fine.

Ah, I fixed it!

Seeing I couldn't get scrapebox working, I thought I would just use the moz api example client to check the moz metrics. So, I transferred the txt file from my scrapebox machine to the machine that had php on it.

When I looked at the text file in my text editor, it had some weird characters at the top. So the file actually wasn't a plain ascii text file but instead a utf-16 text file.

So then I copied all the URLs in to a plain ascii text file, copied it back to scrapebox and import in to page auth plugin and it worked.

I think it was the vanity name checker that created these text files so maybe there is a problem with that. Anyway just make sure your text files really are just plain ascii files or you'll run in to issues.

RE: Not getting any results from Addons - Previously worked fine. - RichB409 - 05-04-2016

(05-03-2016, 11:21 PM)justaperson Wrote: I'm pretty sure this is a scrapebox issue. If you go to the Moz github and download an example client that uses the moz api with your moz api credentials, it will work fine.

Ah, I fixed it!

Seeing I couldn't get scrapebox working, I thought I would just use the moz api example client to check the moz metrics. So, I transferred the txt file from my scrapebox machine to the machine that had php on it.

When I looked at the text file in my text editor, it had some weird characters at the top. So the file actually wasn't a plain ascii text file but instead a utf-16 text file.

So then I copied all the URLs in to a plain ascii text file, copied it back to scrapebox and import in to page auth plugin and it worked.

I think it was the vanity name checker that created these text files so maybe there is a problem with that. Anyway just make sure your text files really are just plain ascii files or you'll run in to issues.

Sorry to be dumb, any more ELI5 ways to follow your steps?

Sorry! I'm not technologically retarded but you lost me at the other machine with .php, had a look at the test file on GitHub, not sure how to use my list to implement in that..

Thanks in advance! I also haven't used vanity name checker ever...

(05-03-2016, 11:21 PM)justaperson Wrote: I'm pretty sure this is a scrapebox issue. If you go to the Moz github and download an example client that uses the moz api with your moz api credentials, it will work fine.

Ah, I fixed it!

Sorry to be dumb, any more ELI5 ways to follow your steps?

Sorry! I'm not technologically retarded but you lost me at the other machine with .php, had a look at the test file on GitHub, not sure how to use my list to implement in that..

Thanks in advance! I also haven't used vanity name checker ever...

RE: Not getting any results from Addons - Previously worked fine. - drammenser - 05-04-2016

I have the same problem as described in the initial post.

I bought the Scrapebox software last month, primarily for doing bulk domain checking. After installing and setting the software up, it worked for a couple of days, then the Page Authority Add-On and the Backlink Checker stop working.

I have done lots of testing, and am certain that it happened when going from April to May.

I wrote to Scrapebox support about it, and received the same most unsatisfactory answer as "loopline" did.

Referring to the answer that "RichB409" get from Moz, I totally agree: Scrapbox have to address the issue ASAP.

(The "ASCII solution" quoted by "justaperson" is just a coincidence I think. Not relevant to the actual issue.)

RE: Not getting any results from Addons - Previously worked fine. - justaperson - 05-04-2016

Sorry my reply was a bit brief. I agree that the reply from scrapebox is just a fog off.

Anyway after more testing I believe that the problem is actually a couple of things. Firstly, it definitely wasn't just a coincidence as I had on one machine, scrapebox which wouldn't return any results. Then on another machine (same network) that had php installed, I had a simple moz client example that gets the same metrics using the moz api key. I was testing with the example client, then scrapebox, then back again. Scrapebox always wouldn't work, but the moz client did.

So then after creating a new ascii text file (RichB409: this is just a standard new notepad text doc) and putting a couple of URLs in, it worked. So 100% guarantee that my problem was that the file that one of the plugins created (vanity checker I think, I can't remember - I have only just started using it) was not in utf format that had caused issues with the page auth plugin.

So all good, I thought that was the problem. But no, it started not working again. This time though the php example client also returned blank. I tried on another server PC I had in a different network, using my same moz credentials, and it worked.

My theory is that when I was testing before, I was using it quicker than 10 second increments that the dev/trial key allows for so therefore banned my IP. After a few hours, it started working again.

As of right now, scrapebox is working. In page auth plugin, if you load URLs directly from harvester, (rather than file) then this should work as it's not using any saved text files anyway.

Sorry this is a bit of a confusing post as I had realised certain things half way though but for anyone who is having problems, you want to first make sure 100% that you exclude scrapebox from the whole picture and download the example moz client, put your credentials in and see if that works. If it doesn't work on that then it's not a scrapebox issue.

Use one of the moz api clients from here: https://github.com/seomoz/SEOmozAPISamples - I used the php one as I already had php installed (php/complete/examples) then I edited url_metrics_example.php and put my moz api credentials in there, then run the php file and see if it returns any results.