ScrapeBox Forum
Confused..... Activation Process/Windows Server - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous Topics (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-miscellaneous-topics)
+--- Forum: Feedback (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-feedback)
+--- Thread: Confused..... Activation Process/Windows Server (/Thread-confused-activation-process-windows-server)

Confused..... Activation Process/Windows Server - ECA_UK - 07-22-2016

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me. I have confused myself and SB support!? EeeK!

ScrapeBox was purchased by my partner (for me) back in 2014 and I normally keep the program updated on "Laptop". The other day I started to use SB heavily again after latest update (2.0.0.96)..... With No issues.

The SB program always displayed the license details as (Registered in "My Partners Name") not mine, although it never bothered me. ScrapeBox always worked fine on my laptop, although slowing it down a little. The other day I researched that you could install SB on a Windows Server to save resources on your home computer. So I though I`d try it!

So....I now have a "Windows Server".

Here Is What I Done.

I (rightly/wrongly) downloaded a fresh version of ScrapeBox (2.0.0.69) from website & unzipped the SB file on my new windows server.

During my new "Server" ScrapeBox install/set-up I was asked to enter SB activation details...... As it was nearly 2 years ago I saw this screen I quickly entered my "own name" & "not" original license owner, my partner`s name. I definitely entered my partners original PayPal email address & correct PP I.D though.

Please can you confirm the following?

By entering "my name" in SB License Activation (windows server set-up) have I accidentally transferred license from my partners name..... To my name (which i`d like)?

Or should I "always" use original owner (wife`s/partner`s) name etc during "any" SB activation process???

Hope you can help. Im a little confused and currently waiting for 12 hour confirmation.

RE: Confused..... Activation Process/Windows Server - loopline - 07-22-2016

It doesn't matter. The email and paypal transaction ID are the imporant parts that must be entered correctly and can not be changed.

Technically the name doesn't matter. Now you can't sell a license, so if changing the name somehow causes an issue then you can work that out with support.

But in general if you get the name the same or not it doesn't really matter.

RE: Confused..... Activation Process/Windows Server - ECA_UK - 07-24-2016

(07-22-2016, 10:42 PM)loopline Wrote: It doesn't matter. The email and paypal transaction ID are the imporant parts that must be entered correctly and can not be changed.

Technically the name doesn't matter. Now you can't sell a license, so if changing the name somehow causes an issue then you can work that out with support.

But in general if you get the name the same or not it doesn't really matter.

Thank you so much for your input. That helps me very much and proves i`m not going mad..... As you know I have used my name & partners, so thanks for confirming that neither names matter......

I have Triple Checked (10x) Paypal Email & Trans ID field. Both are correct.

I have doubled checked and triple checked my license details and applied twice again for validation via SB program since waiting for a forum reply and still no go!

When I enter SB license details (in any name, using PP email & ID) I get the validation "processing message" and after 12 hours, the processing message has gone and no active license message appears again.

I completely gutted as not been able to use SB since last Friday Sad

Its like loosing an arm......

Hope to hear back ASAP and thanks Loopline for your fabulous video tutorials..... Cant wait to get stuck in again!!

No Access To SB After Fresh Install From Support - ECA_UK - 08-08-2016

I have been patient over the last few weeks and downloaded a new copy of Srapebox "as advised" after the "reset" period. I have re-entered name, email and transaction ID correctly today & STILL SB resets with no access at all, after 1 month! Its a fresh copy/install?!

Kindly please can someone help? Support are not supporting me and no help on here for weeks. Obviously I am not keen on giving developers of this product more money for extra license transfers, when I dont need too....

I bought the program and I now require support. Simple.

Is there anyone that can man the SB email box who is competent enough to explain and help with this issue. I do not know what else to do or try.

Kind regards

Anyone