ScrapeBox Forum
Vanity Name checker Issues - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: Vanity Name checker Issues (/Thread-vanity-name-checker-issues)

Vanity Name checker Issues - adam110 - 10-14-2016

hi

I was going through 300k+ urls using the vanity name checker plugin. I left the computer on all night. When I came to my computer today then for some reason my computer had restarted..

When Can I find all the work that was being checked ?

RE: Vanity Name checker Issues - adam110 - 10-27-2016

Hi

Im now on a VPS (Yay) so Im not having any more issues with my computer randomly closing on me :-)

One issue that im finding on the VPS is that the vanity name checker will not respond if I load more then 200k urls into it and click start

Im adding urls from 1 platform only and using 50 threads (I have 100 proxies active)

When I load 200k urls and click start then it stops responding for about 10 minutes and the scrapebox screen greys out and becomes unresponsive.. then it starts working like a charm

I tried loading 270k urls and tried to use the vanity name checker, I waited for 30 mins for it to start while it was showing the not responding message but it still didnt start..

I have a few million urls to go through.. it would be awesome to add them all and let scrapebox get on with it.. As it stands I need to login to the vps every few hours to load more urls for it to check

ive tried using the alive checker addon but I find the vanity name checker to be soo much faster even when i have fewer threads active..

Could this be a memory issue? I was able to load 300k urls without issues on my home PC - My VPS has 3 cores and 3GB of RAM - its allowing me to scrape millions of urls (using 2 instances at once) but even if I try this with nothing else running then the vanity name checker plays the same..

Im adding full urls such as xyz.blogspot.com....would it make it easier on the vanity name checker if I just added "xyz" instead of the full url

Please note I only have 1 definition selected too

thanks

RE: Vanity Name checker Issues - loopline - 10-29-2016

on the VPS turn off windows update, or it will wind up restarting on you. The vanity checker work isn't saved in real time I don't believe. If it is its in the scrapebox folder >> addon session folder.

IF your adding urls it doesn't matter what you select in definitions that only applies if your using keywords. Its not going to matter if you load in the full url or the keyword, I mean techincally its more memory effecient to use just the keyword but probably not a lot more.

How much memory is it using? ITs probably more process related then memory. Windows is too busy to paint the GUI so it says not responding, but its still working in the background.

Most of the time when scrapebox goes "not responding" its still running and windows will eventually catch up and all will be well.

If the process and memory are not really high, try firing up a 2nd instance of the vanity checker and running 200K on each, how does that go?

RE: Vanity Name checker Issues - adam110 - 10-30-2016

(10-29-2016, 01:38 AM)loopline Wrote: on the VPS turn off windows update, or it will wind up restarting on you. The vanity checker work isn't saved in real time I don't believe. If it is its in the scrapebox folder >> addon session folder.

IF your adding urls it doesn't matter what you select in definitions that only applies if your using keywords. Its not going to matter if you load in the full url or the keyword, I mean techincally its more memory effecient to use just the keyword but probably not a lot more.

How much memory is it using? ITs probably more process related then memory. Windows is too busy to paint the GUI so it says not responding, but its still working in the background.

Most of the time when scrapebox goes "not responding" its still running and windows will eventually catch up and all will be well.

If the process and memory are not really high, try firing up a 2nd instance of the vanity checker and running 200K on each, how does that go?

Thanks Loopline

yes the VPS already had updates set to disabled..

when I load the urls and start the vanity name checker then it just goes to not responding.. It doesnt look like its using loads of memory but when looking in task manager I can see that it is using more CPU power..

This time what I did was load 400k URL and I started the vanity name checker.. It went to not responding as usual and I simply logged out of my VPS/RDP ... Its been about 4 hours since I logged out so I just logged in and it has started (already done 56k urls)

thanks for all the help..

RE: Vanity Name checker Issues - loopline - 11-01-2016

oh ok, good deal.

Great. Yes its using tons of CPU because its actually working but windows just isn't updating the screen. Glad you got it sorted.