ScrapeBox Forum
Harvesting with no results - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: General ScrapeBox Talk (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-general-scrapebox-talk)
+--- Thread: Harvesting with no results (/Thread-harvesting-with-no-results)

Harvesting with no results - parsibagan - 06-04-2011

I used Scrapebox for the first time today. Following the tutorial video I searched for the keyword `computers' (without the asterisk). The number of results were fair. I transferred the list to the main keywords panel, selected `BlogEngine' and started harvesting. After a short period of time the harvesting stopped with zero results. During this period only Google had been searched. Could you folks please let me know what mistake I might have made?

I am using a list of proxies supplied daily by HMA, tested them on Scrapebox and saved the working ones. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

RE: Harvesting with no results - s4nt0s - 06-05-2011

In the "select engines and proxies" area of the application it allows you to check which search engines you scrape from. Make sure yahoo, aol and bing are checked if you want those. You will need to enter your bing api's if you want to scrape from bing. You can enter your bing api's in the options menu at the top of the application.

Also make sure results are set to 1,000. (the box above the proxies window)

You aren't getting many results probably because you aren't using many keywords. You need way more keywords if you want to harvest a big list. You also need to learn how to use your own footprints. Check some scrapebox footprint tutorials on Youtube.

RE: Harvesting with no results - parsibagan - 06-05-2011

Hi Santos, thanks a lot for the fast reply. I am just 58 years young and had no computer education even during my college days... there were no PC's at that time. This, along with heart related problems, does not permit me to strain too much. However, I am sure that with the guidance of buddies like you, and the online tutorials as well, I shall be able to understand the intricacies of Scrapebox one day. Thanks once again for your feedback.

RE: Harvesting with no results - s4nt0s - 06-06-2011

You're very welcome. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

The best part about the internet is the massive amount of resources at your fingertips. If you become good at using Google/Forums, etc. You will be able to learn anything you want. Smile

RE: Harvesting with no results - parsibagan - 06-07-2011

Hello there. Thanks once again for your reply. I am a total newbie and hope that I am not boring you with my questions. When I went to create a Bing API id, there are fields where I have to provide the name of the application along with its description. What should I mention over here? I am sure that if I mention Scrapebox, then my id might be deleted in the future. Since I will be using proxies to get in touch with Bing, providing a correct country/region might cause problems as well. Your views on these issues would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am trying to learn more about the syntax of Google. I already am a member of a number of forums including, but not limited to, BHW, Iranjava, Wickedfire, and DP.

+Rep added Smile

RE: Harvesting with no results - anaconda - 06-07-2011

I think I just put 'testing apps' 'using this to try out some apps I'm developing' when I applied. I thought 'vague' was best :-)

RE: Harvesting with no results - parsibagan - 06-07-2011

Thanks for the fast and detailed reply. However, what would I put in description if I termed the application as `vague?' Tongue

Rep given. Smile

RE: Harvesting with no results - s4nt0s - 06-07-2011

Honestly the API information isn't as big of a deal as you might think. People are constantly creating thousands of API's per day and testing apps, etc. You can really put whatever you want as the API name and description. As far as country, I'd just put the country that you're located in.

No big deal folks. Tongue

RE: Harvesting with no results - parsibagan - 06-08-2011

Thanks once again. Whopeee! I finally managed to scrape around 800 url's for my selected keywords. Will now check out which of them are auto approve. I was using free proxies provided by HMA and faced no problems with the same. Shall be creating a Bing API later on in the day. Thanks once again for your kind support. You folks rock. *huggggggggs* ... Parsi

RE: Harvesting with no results - MarkUpshaw - 07-18-2011

Thanks, this helped me out too.