ScrapeBox Forum
[Tutorial] Finding your competitors backlinks - Printable Version

+- ScrapeBox Forum (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com)
+-- Forum: ScrapeBox Main Discussion (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-main-discussion)
+--- Forum: ScrapeBox Tutorials (https://www.scrapeboxforum.com/Forum-scrapebox-tutorials)
+--- Thread: [Tutorial] Finding your competitors backlinks (/Thread-tutorial-finding-your-competitors-backlinks)

Pages: 1 2

[Tutorial] Finding your competitors backlinks - bestblackhat - 06-21-2011

The method will allow you to find all of the backlinks your competitor has (ALL of them) but we're only going to be talking about the ones from blogs, filter them by PR (if you choose to do so) and ALSO then automatically get those very same backlinks for your site! <- Allowing you to match your competition link for link!

Here is how you do it:

1. You go into ScrapeBox and select custom footprint. Then, you type in link:domainyourcompetingwith.com

Then you select harvest. This is going to get all the sites that link back to your competitors site from Google & Bing. Save that list to a .txt file.

2. Now, go to ScrapeBox Add-Ons and download the ScrapeBox Backlink Checker. This add-on allows you to get all the sites that link back to a domain from Yahoo Site Explorer (which typically shows WAY more backlinks than any other search engine).

Use that to find the backlinks for the same domain you used in step 1.

Add these to the .txt file you saved in step 1. Put them all in ScrapeBox and remove duplicate URLs. Save this new list to a .txt file.

Up until now, you may or may not have known how to do the above. However, the next part is the really cool part.

3. Go back to ScrapeBox Add-Ons and download the ScrapeBox Blog Analyzer add-on. Open it up, and import the .txt file you just saved. Hit start.

ScrapeBox will go through every single backlink you just scraped and check them to see if they are a blog that ScrapeBox currently supports commenting on. If it is, it turns green. If it isn't, it turns red. After it is finished, you can "clean" the list by having it remove unsupported sites.

What you're going to be left with is ALL of the blogs your competitor has backlinks from, and more importantly, they are all capable of being commented on using ScrapeBox!!

Save that "clean" list to a file, import it as the list of blogs you want to comment on, and then follow the same steps you would normally follow to comment on blogs. Inside of 10 minutes you'll have all your comps blog backlinks (which can be filtered by PR if you'd like) and you'll be able to comment on all of them inside of a twenty minutes (as the list probably won't be HUGE).

Want to push this even further?? Of course you do.

Every step is the same as above with the exception of one little thing and the addition of an extra step.

Instead of just using one footprint in your initial harvests (both from SB's regular user interface and then also the backlink checker add-on) you're going to be using a TON of them. Here is what you do to take this to a whole new level.

First, you're going to harvest all the URLs from AOL, Yahoo, Bing & Google using this footprint:

site:domainyourcompetingwith.com

That is going to return ALL the currently indexed pages of the domain. Remove duplicate URLs and save that to a .TXT file.

Now, you're going to add the following in the front of each of those URLs:

link:

Now follow all of the steps as outlined above. What this does is get all of the backlinks to EVERY page of your competitors site.

Since Yahoo Backlink Checker is only capable of grabbing the first 1k URLs from Yahoo (as that is all Yahoo allows you to view) you might have missed out on a decent amount of blog backlinks if they were past the first 1k results. So doing the above extra steps means that each new page of the site you check for backlinks means a new and different set of a list of backlinks that is potentially 1k links long.

Now that you know how to find, filter and steal your competitors backlinks, stop reading and go and do it!

This is not my tutorial, just found this in my hard drive collections.
Credit goes to the original one who create this tut.

RE: [Tutorial] Finding your competitors backlinks - tdpubs - 06-27-2011

That is a nice trick! I've been doing the first part but not the second. I use market Samurai to find the top competitors and then scrape their back links. This way is much more comprehensive. Thanks.

RE: [Tutorial] Finding your competitors backlinks - parsibagan - 06-28-2011

Wow! I am a complete newbie as far as scrapebox is concerned. Will try out this trick within a few days.

@tdpubs: Is Market Samurai worth its price? Thanks in advance for your reply.

RE: [Tutorial] Finding your competitors backlinks - s4nt0s - 06-29-2011

(06-28-2011, 04:11 PM)parsibagan Wrote: Wow! I am a complete newbie as far as scrapebox is concerned. Will try out this trick within a few days.

@tdpubs: Is Market Samurai worth its price? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Market Samurai is definitely worth the price. Also, if you download the free trial and wait for it to expire, you can buy Market Samurai at a discounted price.

I use Market Samurai for keyword research and rank tracking. Scrapebox and Market Samurai are two tools that are a must for internet marketers. (in my opinion of course) Smile

RE: [Tutorial] Finding your competitors backlinks - parsibagan - 06-29-2011

Hi Santos, thanks for the information, will try out your tip regarding using the free trial of `Market Samurai' and waiting for it to expire so as to get the discounted price.

RE: [Tutorial] Finding your competitors backlinks - Voertyop - 09-04-2011

A good exchange of information. Thank you!

RE: [Tutorial] Finding your competitors backlinks - stevenukas - 10-20-2011

Is there a way to analyze those links fully ? It would be nice to see if its forum,blog,web2 ...

RE: [Tutorial] Finding your competitors backlinks - StarRider - 12-06-2011

Hi There, Brand new to scrapebox. Stil working on building my own AA lists. Many threads like these suggest one either use the google LINK or LINKDOMAIN command or the BackLInk Checker that makes use Yahoo Site Explorer that was recently retired. Are they any other techniques other than these that can end up at the same results. Because none of these work anymore. I am getting zero results with the link commands. thx

RE: [Tutorial] Finding your competitors backlinks - helend - 12-10-2011

Hi everyone I'm a total newbie and purchased Scrapebox to use the back link checker (that no longer is available or works!) as it was recommended by a tutorial that I also purchased. The problem stems I believe from the fact that Yahoo no longer runs Site Explorer and you now get directed to Bing which does not appear to have this same function. I can only search my own URL's! Can anyone please tell me if there is now a new function in Scrapebox that will allow me to do the same thing or am I looking at forking out more money to another application?
Any answers gratefully appreciated, everything I try seems to be out of date, I'm loosing the will to live here LOL
Thanks
Helen

RE: [Tutorial] Finding your competitors backlinks - dhartnifhuio - 01-13-2012

Thanks for sharing this trick.